Home Forums General Discussion Lyme, Tindamax and arthritis

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    NancyB
    Participant

Many of you may have seen this blog post from LymeMD, but if not it’s interesting:

http://lymemd.blogspot.com/2011/07/everything-you-thought-you-knew-about.html

These are his comments from back in July regarding the Eva Sapi study on Lyme, biofilms and antimicrobials used in her in vitro study. I saw that Maz had posted a link to the study here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6134&p=54502&hilit=tindamax#p54502

Two things jumped out for me in his comments. One was that tinidazole killed intact spirochetes, not just cyst forms as was previously thought. The other was this observation:

Recently I tried it on another sort of patient. This patient has had intractable Lyme arthritis of his knees. This young athlete had been extensively treated with IV Rocephin followed by a year of typical oral antibiotics. Knee effusions have persisted – until I prescribed Tindamax. Now, after two months, the fluid in his knees has evaporated. His knees are dry and painless for the first time in over one year.

Anecdotal, yes…but very intriguing.

Since my RA diagnosis I’ve been on Doxy, Malarone, Plaquenil…last week my LLMD added Tindamax, 3 days on, 4 days off. I herxed starting on the second day and felt really crummy with more joint pain, myalgias and fatigue. Now I’m getting ready to start my second round and am feeling a lot better.

I really like the pulsing regimen and am going to recommend that we try it with my son who has been on Tindamax in the past, but it was hard to tolerate due to herxing.

Nancy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.