Home Forums General Discussion Lyme Testing

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gonnaBhealthy
    Participant

Could someone assist me w/ info on Lyme Testing? I have been researching this for a friend that stronly suspects she has Lyme. Under some protest, her neurologist did a run-of-the-mill Lyme test, which came back negative. I have explained to her that the test may not tell the whole story.

In my research, I find that there are few labs that due true (western blot & others)testing. I am pretty green at this so it is a bit confusing. In this search, I am finding quite a bit of controversy. I don't know if we are supposed to name labs on this site or not, so for now I will not.

One very popular lab in CA seems to have had some very good reports and some bad ones, stating alot of false positives. I know of one Dr. that uses that one and only that one. I see from google search that there are 2-3 more.

Help. I would appreciate any guidance you experienced folks may have.

Thanks,

Gonna B Healthy

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=744]gonnaBhealthy[/user] wrote:

Could someone assist me w/ info on Lyme Testing? I have been researching this for a friend that stronly suspects she has Lyme. Under some protest, her neurologist did a run-of-the-mill Lyme test, which came back negative. I have explained to her that the test may not tell the whole story.

Hi Gonnabhealthy,

The lab many of us use here is IGeneX, in CA, at http://www.IGeneX.com

You can order the testing kit from Igenex by phone, which is mailed to you. The basic Western Blot is test #188, and #189. There are forms to fill out and payment details to add before going to the doc. All the doc has to do is sign it and he/she will receive the results.  Once the doc has signed the form, you take the kit to your local blood draw place where they will pack it for you. You then put the kit in with your completed form into the mailer and ship overnight.  The blood needs to be drawn early in the week, as it degrades in the mail or the lab mailbox over the weekend otherwise and will be useless for testing.

Sometimes local docs will be willing to sign off on the test, especially if they only have to sign on the dotted line.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme Testing’ is closed to new replies.