Home Forums General Discussion Lyme ?? Lightbulb moment

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Dear AllSorry another post..but just had a thought.

I was only dxd with Sjogrens by ra proffessor Rheumy in London that I had to see privetly through dry eye test. I didnt have any positive bloods, my GP wouldnt do them as they thought there wasnt anything wrong…he said that I was just anxious!!!

Anyway I know I had SS as I did have dry eyes, mouth skin bit fatigue  but no other real symptoms than that..until I went to Canada in Oct 96.  Tour thro Rocky Mountains -at lots of waterfalls, parks etc.  Didnt feel right when I came home but put down to busy trip  about 1 week later is when my body cracked as I put it…suddenly massive joint pain(no swelling) bladder issues, numbness, muscle pain, feeling so warm, felt extremly nauseas  Thankfully found this board Eventually got on Mino in Aug 07 with good results.

My issue is that I cant understand why I have relapsed so badly. Been on Mino in earnest for 2 1/2 full years with excellent results.  After IUS coil fiited had symptoms but upped Mino to 5days as per AP doc -the herxing was only superficial but then at some point it cracked into relapse.  I was a bit anxious but not overly so. So my question is …could there be someting else lurking (lyme) that the mino was supressing but not treating.

I do attend Rheumy once per year for bloodwork but dont think they test for lyme?

Any thoughts welcome…

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

It would probably be a good idea to be tested for Lyme Sydnie. Who you use (in terms of lab) for that will depend on where you are located. Are you in the U.K. ? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Sydnie
    Participant

Hi Lynnie

It all makes sense now.   My docs always thought I was over-reacting” Its more of a nuisence” they would say but I felt extremly awful…now I understand I had SS then I think Lymes kicked in after Canada and I just thought it was extra SS symptoms

When I take my mino I always have horrendous herx following day and I read somewhere that happens with Lyme.

I have read of another member that is in UK and recently got tested…Im going to contact her.

Many Many Thanks

I hope I havent used up all my help tokens in too short a time?

Sx

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Sydnie,

You might have Lyme Disease or it may be something else. In addition to the bacterium that causes Lyme Disease there are other “bugs” that are difficult to completely get rid of. One of them is Chlamydophila pneumoniae (formerly called Chlamydia pneumoniae). It is often referred to by the abbreviation C. pneumoniae or even just Cpn.

For more information about some of the diseases associated with this bacterium, see:

Diseases and Symptoms Associated with Cpn

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Lyme ?? Lightbulb moment’ is closed to new replies.