Home Forums General Discussion Low Dose Naltrexone

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

………..except that everything I've read about LDN states that it needs to be taken  between 9pm and 3 a.m. This is because the body's production of endorphin secretions and the production of killer cells (which LDN is designed to increase) happens between 2 and 4 a.m. LDN is designed to impact this production – so my understanding is that it actually will have no beneficial effect if taken during the day. Lynnie 

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Cheryl V
    Participant

I've read that recently too Lynnie. BUT, and here might be a really dumb a question. We were recently told by our LLMD that the liver dumps between almost those same hours. So is that why it could take LDN longer to stay in one's system?

So here's another one (since I'm on a roll) is it important to take the LDN at the same time every night?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

No – my understanding is that it simply needs to be between 9pm and 3 a.m. (that also applies to night sahift workers). The LDN website is a very good resource. This is a link to their FAQ section. Lynnie http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/further_q_and_a.htm

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

suera
    Participant

How is everybody doing with LDN?

vera
    Participant

I've been on LDN since 2/2009 (4.5mg).  I know this sounds unbelievable, but the morning after the first dose (that I took the night before), I felt better already!   I have thyroid issues, and I was so much calmer – from that point on.  It has really helped settle down my thyroid. 

Also, after about 6 weeks on LDN, I saw my chiropractor.  Without telling him what I was taking, he commented that my neck/shoulders area was soft for the first time ever.  He said it used to feel as hard as the wall, and now my muscles are more relaxed.  It has also helped my spine, as I have AS.

This is one medicine I will never be without!  The only side effect for me is lots of dreaming.  It did keep me awake for a week or so, but that went away.

As Lynnie suggested, the lowdosenaltrexone website is a wealth of information.

Lori

Andrea
    Participant

I had to discontinue use shortly after starting due to stomache upset.  It was constant and very uncomfortable.  Darn it.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

I've been taking LDN since Feb of this year in slowly increasing amounts. I'm glad I did, because with every tiny .5mg increment (starting at 2mg), I found I was getting insomnia for a week or so as well as a jittery feeling in the middle of the night. I'm just a bit on the hypersensitive side to some drugs and reckon the jittery feeling was likely due to my Lyme and mild neuro probs I have associated with that. The dreaming, for me, hasn't been so bad.

I did wonder about a month ago if the LDN was doing much good (probably because I was increasing so slowly so didn't notice anything dramatic). I was going through a period of getting migraines and was trying to figure out what was causing them. I'd changed up my protocol 2 months before and considered it could be related to either hormones or babesia die-off, but was reluctant to stop my 4 week abx pulse right in the middle of it. So, I thought I'd drop the LDN, just as a test. I took a little break of a week or so and did notice a difference in how I was feeling within a day or two…more sluggish and a little more achey than usual. So I'm now pretty convinced LDN has been a nice support to my antibiotic protocols, though it has been very subtle.

Peace, Maz

suera
    Participant

Every little bit helps! I'm glad you are getting good, albeit slow, results. If there is one thing I've learned since RA DX, it's patience.

Nutritiongal
    Participant

I have been taking LDN 4.5 mg for about 4 months, in conjunction with 100mg ALA 2x per day, and 10,000 iu Vitamin D, and for the first time in 23 years I am feeling better than ever! No more flare-ups.

I also take: 6 spirulina pills, Vitamin C 500 mg x2, digestive enzymes with meals, calcium/magnesium 500 mg, daily. And I follow a no alcohol, no sugar, no wheat, no dairy, no processed foods (bodyecologydiet.com) diet for the past 3 years.

Gretchen

RA/1988

jims
    Participant

Hello everyone, since allot of the first string seems to be on the bench thought I would come from the sideline and post an update. LDN has helped me, most notable my psorasis, as it went away within a couple months after I began LDN. I went straight to 4.5 mg and have stayed there. I really enjoy the dreams, I have skipped a day or two a couple of times on purpose to reset the process. Both times the sleeplessness lasted a day or two after. Somewhere I read it can build up, not sure if so, as I have read other accounts of people being on it for many years without missing, without build up problems. I am hopeful it will continue to help me. My supplement regime is evolving as well. I recently switched to Krill, and went to cod liver oil. I have added the blue/green algae Spirulina and Chlorella to feed my cells amino acids and hopefully chelate the heavy metals(amalgam fillings in my mouth). I added Saw Palmetto about two weeks ago as I was having problems with frequent bathroom trips in the night. I have noticed now I am able to make it through the night without getting up, Wow! However I am recently most excited about adding DHEA. I just started that and will let you know how it goes. I lurk daily but seldom post, I hope you guys can fix the IP problems soon. BTW I am on Firefox as well. All the best, jims:)

APbeliever
    Participant

Just read your comments jims and I wanted to let you know it might not be prostrate problems that are leading you to bathroom trips at night. It might be related to LDN. If you read LDN forum, you will see that this drug does cause frequent bathroom trips at night. Some of the women here on roadback forum have also stated this same problem too. I have also the same problem with LDN. Everytime I take LDN at night, I have to make unsual trips to bathroom. Sometimes, I skip it alltogether for two or three days and enjoy a peaceful night. I tried lowering the dose for a few weeks but I noticed pain levels increasing, therefore, I just skip it once in a while to get a break from frequent bathroom trips at night. I read somewhere on LDN forum that some people have taken it between 8am-9:30 am and had excellent results. I will try it soon and will post results. As for now, I am off all antibiotics for almost two months now and just on LDN and supplements.

GoinCrazy
    Participant

Does anyone have any insight on LDN and alcohol? Can you still enjoy some occasional wine? I read somewhere it was a problem.

Eva Holloway
    Participant

GoingCrazy,
    I have a glass of wine once in awhile, maybe one glass a month, and have no problem with it. I usually don't drink it too late, just at dinner time,  and yes I take my LDN about 10:30 pm. Usually I am in bed within half an hour. I had to stop the LDN for two months because of a hip fracture and the medication I was on. I weaned myself of the medication and enjoy a good nights sleep. I only had a few days of insomnia, but no vivid dreams this time. I thought that was odd, but it's okay with me.
    Enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile.:D

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

PhilC
    Participant

Dr. T.G. says that taking LDN at night is not necessary, and he
    recommends taking it during the day to minimize the impact on sleep.

See: http://glasgowldn2009.com/2009/02/ldn-dose-timing/

Be sure to also read the comments on that page.

I would try it both ways to see if one way works better than the other.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 14 posts - 76 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘ Low Dose Naltrexone’ is closed to new replies.