Home Forums General Discussion Looking for Recommendations for dosage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    prix560
    Participant

A little back ground.  I am on the following presently.

Enbrel 50mg weekly

MTX 15mg weekly

Mobic 15mg daily

Leucavoran 5mg week

I am about to start the AP but will not be able to see my AP doctor until July 18.  How would you recommend I start the treatmen.  Should I start low, should I pulse, or should I do it daily.  Decisions Decisioins.  I have heard of bad things from those that start too low, and have that some herx are a but when the daily dose is too high. 

I also plan to ween myself off of MTX by 2.5mg weekly.  Then after I notice a difference from the AP I will try and ween myself off of the Mobic by skipping a day then two and so on.  When off of Mobic my next attempt will be to skip a dose of Enbrel and get my self off of it.   Dr. RK in Texas may have a different approach but until I see here this is my goal.  But until I see her in two weeks I need some suggestions on how “YOU” would start if you were in my shoes.

So come on AP'er take this as a compliment and lend me some of your experiance.

-Prix

LSU Tiger Fan and Unfortunate Rheumatic

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Prix…just responded on your other thread. 😉 Ooops.

Peace, Maz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi prix560! Over the last few years I have become good cyber-friends with a couple of patients of Dr RK. From what I have heard, she is a very thorough and very caring AP doc who has treated countless patients. If it were me, I'd think about leaving my AP therapy until after I've seen her – it is only 2 weeks away after all. You are on quite a *oops*tail of drugs right now and I'd be concerned about what to taper, if anything and what starting dose of AP would most likely suit you (especially if you have sensitive gut issues arising from your other meds). I know how impatient you must feel to get going. But it may just be prudent to start with a protocol that you and DR K decide on together and one that you can tweak, if necessary, together. Best to you on this new road. Lynnie

cant believe the prudish cyber-censor again….*oops*tail (perhaps I should have said 'mix of generally brightly coloured spirits, often topped with fruit and a small umbrella'!!!!)

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SusanSD
    Participant

I weaned myself off the drugs and had a week of “washout” where I didn't take anything. I believed that it would be difficult to ascertain the effect of minocin if I was taking drugs that might work against it.

I took minocin every other day for a couple of weeks and then started daily dosing. I have scleroderma. If I had RA, I would aim for the every other day dose. Good luck!

John McDonald
    Participant

Lynnie,

I figured out how to adjust the language filter so that cocktail and pussycat will pass but cock and pussy will fail.  Even so you Aussies are going to get a reputation.:shock:

john

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Let me assure you that I'd NEVER, willingly, use the word “oops” in a post, in spite of where I reside. Happy 4th July to all my American friends!!! Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Looking for Recommendations for dosage.’ is closed to new replies.