Home Forums General Discussion Looking for a Good Lyme Link

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sjess
    Participant

Hi guys,

My brother and his wife are going to Oregon on a vacation into a wooded area. I already gave them the mother hen act and told them to wear DEET to repel ticks. Is there anything else they should do to keep the buggers at bay? Is there a good, concise site that explains Lyme and how to prevent getting it?

Thanks

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1956]sjess[/user] wrote:

Is there anything else they should do to keep the buggers at bay? Is there a good, concise site that explains Lyme and how to prevent getting it?

Hi SJess,

The CALDA website gives a pretty good Lyme101 with concise prevention tips and how to remove ticks.

http://www.lymedisease.org/lyme101/prevention/lyme_prevention.html

Hope this helps your family and they have a good tick-free vacation!

Peace, Maz

PS My daughter just found one today on her bathroom floor mat…we think one of the cats brought it in. :sick: It's a really bad year for ticks this year, so you're very wise to pass this info along.

Kim
    Participant

Sharon,

Tell them to go to a store like Wal-Mart and look in their outdoor/camping section because they have a good selection of sprays in various strengths.  In addition to the deet products that I put on my skin, there is another one that you put only on clothes that repels (permethreum sp).  I always wear a hat outdoors that has been sprayed.

Hope you're feeling a little better.

Take care…..kim

sjess
    Participant

Thanks Maz and Kim, I really appreciate the information and will pass all that you mentioned along to them.

Kim, I'm doing a little better. I was able to do some work outside the last two days and that felt good. I'm having a difficult time adjusting to my limitations and unsure how to proceed from here. Am trying to be patient while the mino does it's thing. I do see a slight progress, which is fantastic.

Thanks again for your help for my brother and his wife!

Sharon 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ Looking for a Good Lyme Link’ is closed to new replies.