Home Forums General Discussion LLMD vs AP MD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hopefull
    Participant

I'm curious about others' experience with LLMD and/ or AP doc's.I realize that
    probably most folks see a LLMD with suspicion of Lyme or already have some
    testing  done.Could some of you share with me what you had for”tests”
    early on…besides the basics.I think the best way to wade thru some of these
    questions is to hear it from people who have been to  either or both of these
    types of practitioners…Thanks,Kathy
    ps. when I post a new topic what's the “description “for?

RA Dx'd 2001
    Biologics since 2002
    Prednisone…
    Hx Lymphoma 1990

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

when I post a new topic what's the “description”for?

Kathy – it is when you might want to give a little more detail about your thread. For instance, in this one you might have added the description “Not sure who to see first” or “Looking for others' experiences”. It's not always necessary, though sometimes it can just help to expand a little on the heading, so others can see it before they open the thread. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Kathy,

If you suspect Lyme then you can arrange to have the Igenex testing done prior to seeing a Lyme doctor (LLMD), but you do need a doctor, any doctor, to sign off on the test.  You can do a search for “Lyme testing” on the board and read how to properly do it.

Both AP and Lyme treatment protocols use antibiotics, but Lyme treatment uses many more abx and at much higher doses.  Lyme tx is quite different and requires an experienced LLMD, whereas AP it is possible although not ideal, to do with an inexperienced doc in the protocol who is willing to write prescriptions.

If Lyme triggered your rheumatic disease then in treating the Lyme you'll also be treating the other conditions.

Take care….kim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ LLMD vs AP MD’ is closed to new replies.