Home Forums General Discussion LLMD referral???????????

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jocelyn Stevens
    Participant

Hi,

I am looking for anyone in Florida who know of a good LLMD.  I have a current list but thought I would try to see if one is better than another??????????

I am in south Florida and there is one in Naples but I was told maybe to try another before him.  Anyone in this location or close or even if out of state what would be the closest?  I also even think there are a few still here in south Florida but I would rather go on a recommendation. 

Does anyone live in this area or nearby?

Thanks,

Jocelyn

Peach73
    Participant

Hey Jocelyn did you send an email to this site?  You will get a list when you email them …it may take a couple of days.

jocelyn Stevens
    Participant

I did..earlier today…hopefully I hear something. THanks

Kim
    Participant

Peach,

Jocelyn has the list of Florida Lyme docs, but wants to know if there are any other Lymies from Florida on the board that can recommend their doc.

kim

Peach73
    Participant

Jocelyn…Your welcome…..sorry I was wrong….I guess my brain froze after I read it and thought you were just looking for one closer. 

Kim…Oh sorry…I thought she was looking for one closer to her and since nobody had replied…i thought I would…oops!

Kim
    Participant

No worries.  I just hope one of our Florida Lymies can help Jocelyn. 😉

kim

suera
    Participant

If there is a LLMD in Naples, I would love to have his/her name. I was trying to get tested here in OH, the lymenet told me Fibromyalgia Centers do good Lyme testing but I went last Tuesday and he said they don't really do “testing” it's a clinical diagnosis and I should begin by starting their treatment for fibro and fatigue and we'll work from there. Well I don't have the $$$ for that ($9,000) I just want the Lyme test if possible. I am going to Naples the end of March so maybe I could get into see this LLMD there, can somebody send me his name and number?

jocelyn Stevens
    Participant

Someone gave me the name of Dr. S (not the doctor in Iowa).

If you look online you will see his profile.

Good Luck

Edited by RBFV to remove the full name of a physician per forum guidelines.

Parisa
    Participant

Sue,

I can't believe someone from Lymenet told you to try the Fibromyalgia centers.  They don't have the best reputation for treating Lyme and as you said can cost alot.  I could be wrong, of course, and maybe this specific one in Florida is good.  Do you know a naturopath or nurse practitioner?  Basically, you just need someone to order the blood drawn. 

suera
    Participant

This Dr. S looks to be affiliated with Fibromyalgia & Fatigue Centers so I don't know about going there again. Also was told it's not as easy as a blood draw because you have to have a LLMD that can read the test. I guess they are often false positive or false negative and someone who really understands Lyme must read the test.

Physcian name removed as per discussion forum guidelines. Thanks for your understanding. RBFV

Kim
    Participant

This thread is confusing.  Jocelyn already had the Igenex test run and is now looking for a personal recommendation for a LLMD in the Florida area.

kim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ LLMD referral???????????’ is closed to new replies.