Home Forums General Discussion Living Well with Autoimmune Disease : What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You That You Need to Know

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anewday
    Participant

I have it on my paperbackswap wish list and don't recall how I found out about it. Is anyone familiar with this book? I've got a day and a half to secure it if I want it. LOL

Thanks!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Dawn,
         If this is the book I saw almost a decade ago it sure is not worth the money.I laughed when I saw the title and gave it a fast look.One really can't live well in these situations.It gives you tips on how to cope and what tools make life easier but definately nothing about how to get better.   Lynne G./SD

anewday
    Participant

Thanks Lynne – I found some opinions on it online and it didn't look promising. I passed it up and glad to hear it was a good decision (golly it's about time I made a good decision on something! :roll-laugh:).

A Friend
    Participant

[user=230]anewday[/user] wrote:

I have it on my paperbackswap wish list and don't recall how I found out about it. Is anyone familiar with this book? I've got a day and a half to secure it if I want it. LOL

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with a particular book of Mary Shoman, but over the years I've admired articles and information I've read about and by her. 

Here are two links that caught my eye involving her interests and her work involving thyroid and its connection to our illnesses and health:

http://www.udoerasmus.com/interviews/02_mary_shomon.htm

http://members.tripod.com/thyroidinfo/

To your health!
    AF

Tiff
    Participant

I became familiar with this book and her website when I was being treated for thyroid cancer.  After they removed my thyroid due to the cancer, they found I also had Hashimoto's thryoiditis (an “autoimmune” thyroid disease).  Imagine that for a moment… my immune system was trying to kill thyroid cells AND there were thyroid cells proliferating at a rate we call malignant.  Very strange, don't you think?  That is one sick thyroid.  Or is it one sick immune system?  Or is it all the results of a missed infection?  I certainly don't know!

Anyway, about the book, I agree; skip the book and visit her websites. 

Merla
    Participant

Thanks!

Hi
    I read Mary Shoman's book in my search for help about a year ago before I found Henry Scammel's book. If you have The New Arthritis Breakthrough you don't need to read Living Well With Autoimmune Disease. Stick with Scammel.

Several years ago when I became hypothyroid I found Shomon's book “Living Well With Hypothyroidism” very helpful.

anewday
    Participant

[user=262]Merla[/user] wrote:

Thanks!

Hi
    I read Mary Shoman's book in my search for help about a year ago before I found Henry Scammel's book. If you have The New Arthritis Breakthrough you don't need to read Living Well With Autoimmune Disease. Stick with Scammel.

Several years ago when I became hypothyroid I found Shomon's book “Living Well With Hypothyroidism” very helpful.

We don't own Scammel's book, but almost – we've checked it out from our library many times! 😛

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Living Well with Autoimmune Disease : What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You That You Need to Know’ is closed to new replies.