Home Forums General Discussion Leucostat with Vitamin D(Th1 balance)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    scottishprincess
    Participant

Has anyone ever tried/heard of this?? I was in the pharmacy yesterday getting my mino and the pharmacist suggested that I try this? Obviously I'm happy to try anything (thats not toxic) but I'm not sure how this will interfere with my abx?Not sure if its just a gimmick either?..I'd be interested to hear your thoughts before I waste anymore $$!!

https://www.metagenics.com.au/shop/index.cfm?fuseaction=item&id=205

Jo
    Participant
    tainabell
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

To me that seems to indicate that it inhibits the immune system.  If you inhibit the immune system that means it can't kill any mycoplasma.  So, it sounds like it's part of the same thought process that causes people to use biologicals and Mtx – i.e. ignoring the infectious cause that is the basis of AP.

I am curious about this, actually.  I just finished reading Dr. Burrascano's guidelines for Lyme yesterday and he says don't take any immunosuppresants, but I'm currently on plaquenil.  My AP doctor said she doesn't think it will cause any harm to stay on the plaquenil in conjunction with the treatment, but I'm a little concerned now.  Why does “inhibiting the immune system” mean you can't kill any mycoplasma (or in my case, spirochetes?)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=854]tainabell[/user] wrote:

I am curious about this, actually.  I just finished reading Dr. Burrascano's guidelines for Lyme yesterday and he says don't take any immunosuppresants, but I'm currently on plaquenil.  My AP doctor said she doesn't think it will cause any harm to stay on the plaquenil in conjunction with the treatment, but I'm a little concerned now.  Why does “inhibiting the immune system” mean you can't kill any mycoplasma (or in my case, spirochetes?)

Jen, no worries with the plaquenil. It's actually used by LLMDs as a spirochetal cyst-buster. It's also used in the treatment of babesia, a protozoan coinfection of Lyme, much like malaria, because the quinines were originally developed for the treatment of malaria. So they do have anti-pathogen properties.

You just need to get your eyes checked every 6 months while on plaquenil, but even then the risks to eyes is considered to be minute, if at all. I was on it for about 5 months in the beginning, as a cyst-buster, and it also helped with inflammation, as a side-benefit. However, I unfortunately started having visual disturbances (aura migraines), which is very rare, and had to come off it. I suffered no ill side-effects and the migraines disappeared as soon as I came off it.

Peace, Maz

scottishprincess
    Participant

Thanks Jo,
    Gosh it's so confusing!!

scottishprincess
    Participant

Maz you are so knowledgable!!:)

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=946]scottishprincess[/user] wrote:

Maz you are so knowledgable!!:)

:blush: So kind of you, SP, but it's all just an accumulation of info that's been gleaned from what's worked for me on AP or the amazingly wise folk here, as well as lots of researching these past couple of years. Honestly, if there was a degree course we could all take in infectious causes for rheumatic diseases and how to bring them to remission, I think we'd all be entitled to doctorates!

The RBF BB is so fortunate to attract so many incredible people who know so much about diet, supps and specific rheumatic disease states…and are willing to share their knowledge with us all. I'm grateful every day for everyone who contributes here…it was such a gift to me when I was at my worst.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Leucostat with Vitamin D(Th1 balance)’ is closed to new replies.