Home Forums General Discussion Leaky Gut Syndromes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I'm not sure whether this link has been posted before – but found this a very informative piece on leaky gut syndromes . Lynnie

http://mdheal.org/leakygut.htm

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

I'm not sure whether this link has been posted before – but found this a very informative piece on leaky gut syndromes . Lynnie

http://mdheal.org/leakygut.htm

Lynnie, thanks so much for posting this site/link.  Over the years Dr. Leo Galland has become one of my most trusted physician/writers about gut dysbiosis and the various syndromes.  I don't  remember this particular link being posted on RBF BB, but others have been.  His work solved numerous dilemmas for me early in my illness… especially leaky gut and malabsorption.  It is believed my many, including myself, that these type conditions must first be addressed by the majority of us if we are to stop our pain and otherwise get better. 

Because of the seeming length of this Galland document ( the article itself is less than 9 full pages; the other 9 are referenced sources), I'm afraid some who desperately need to know these things may not choose to read it.  Many in the throes of illness and brain fog especially may begin reading and stop, when it may all seem to run together.  When this happens to me, and its seems important, I print it and put in an indexed notebook to read later.  Reading this type of material and making notes, away from the computer, is more helpful to me for absorbing information — and to refer to later. 

Early this morning before I signed on here, I was skimming through Dr. Sherry Rogers “Painfree in Six Weeks” book where her writing on this subject was very similar to Dr. Galland's.  In one paragraph was a heading:  “Arthritis is Not an Advil Deficiency”; in another, “And Hold the Tylenol” — discussing their hazards and what they cause.  (Pgs 105-109) Also on page 109, she lists and discusses “Safe NSAID Substitutes.”

I add the above information, because I'm hyper-concerned about a lot of our newer members who (like myself when chronic illness set in) do not know about this and its importance.  And, heaven help us, it seems the doctors I've seen,and my friends have seen, paid/pay no attention to this.  Again, I don't believe we can make much progress if we don't break the vicious cycle of the various gut syndromes.   Note in the article that Lynnie posted that Dr. Galland discusses antibiotics use and role in these. 

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Good point A Friend. For those who like to/can only skim, here is a pdf version of the article, without the references and, whilst it was hard to choose which,  I  have highlighted some sections. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

A Friend
    Participant

Lynnie, nice job with that link.  How did you do that?  When I copied and pasted it into a new e-mail to myself, the link didn't work.  I think you worked some magic, but am not sure what kind.  It is a very nice link.  AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

AF – I had already saved this article as a word doc by copying and pasting and omitting the refs. I simply then converted that doc (re-saved it) as a pdf file. Then uploaded into the post via the attachment tool below, clicking on browse  and then selecting  the appropriate pdf doc in my files. Lynnie  

Be well! Lynnie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Leaky Gut Syndromes’ is closed to new replies.