Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jims
    Participant

Just a note to let anyone who is interested in low dose naltrexone that there is a show on today at 1pm, it should be a good show as two key supporter docs will be on. go to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mary-boyle-bradley . sorry this is so close on time as I just noticed it, however anyone interested that missed the show should be able to go to the site and listen to it in the archives. I am using LDN as an adjunct to AP.:) jims

mj47
    Participant

hey jims,
    thanks for the heads up.  i just downloaded it & am looking forward to listening to it soon. 
    how is the ldn going for you?  how long have you been taking it?  my husband is kind of curious about it & he has PsA too.
    Thanks!
    mj

jims
    Participant

Hello mj47, I have been on LDN for just over a month. It has definitely made my sleep better, and I somehow feel more at ease and and have a more positive outlook. On a more tangible note, the psoriasis on my hands seems to be going away, I have had it for close to a year. I find the concept of a relationship between endorphines and our immune system fascinating. I am very hopeful!!! Take Care, Jims:)

mj47
    Participant

Hi Jims!
    I got through about half of the talk before I nodded off….not because it was boring though!  I was just exhausted.  It was super intriguing.  And, so was your reply.  I am so happy that it's helping your outlook…that can so often precipitate a turn for the better as far as you feel physically. 
    The part I found most interesting is what you said about your psoriasis.  My husband has psoriasis pretty bad on his scalp.  When he started prednisone (at 10mg) about 3.5 months ago, it all cleared up – totally.  But, as he's been weaning off of the pred, it has returned.  Now he's on less than 2mg of pred & his scalp is just as bad as ever.
    What I'm wondering with you is…how long have you been on the pred?  In other words, do you think the LDN is responsible for the psoriasis on your hands getting better, or could it possibly be the pred?
    I noticed that Mary Boyle Bradley had mentioned psoriasis in one of her talks about LDN…it would be wonderful if it actually could clear up psoriasis!!  I would love to hear about the timing of pred vs LDN for you.  I hope LDN is what's helping your psoriasis as I know how frustrating having it can be!!! 
    Thanks again Jims!
    MJ

j[user=1054]ims[/user] wrote:

Hello mj47, I have been on LDN for just over a month. It has definitely made my sleep better, and I somehow feel more at ease and and have a more positive outlook. On a more tangible note, the psoriasis on my hands seems to be going away, I have had it for close to a year.

jims
    Participant

hi mj47, i have been on prednisone for about 2 years on/off. This time for the last 6 months at ten mg daily. The most stubborn spots of psoriasis remained until just the last week or so, so I am cautiously attributing their demise to the LDN. I am very hopeful that as I continue to get better (swelling in my knees going down) I will be able to taper off the prednisone. I have tried that before  ( pre-LDN) and got a serious wakeup call. I know that just feeling more at ease and positive is worth a mint to me as Psa can be depressing to say the least. I read for over a month on LDN before I sought the prescription, and I feel that the risk is acceptable, especially when I compare it to the Remicade and Humira that I used to take, during that year I had three opportunistic infections- MRSA, pneumonia in both lungs, and the dreaded black, hairy tongue infection. Need I say more? All the best, Jims:) P.S. Has your husband had the Igenex lyme test? That is my next most important goal!!!

mj47
    Participant

wow!  yes, i would deduce that their demise would be LDN related as well.  that's very encouraging news.  if after 6 mos your p hadn't subsided with pred, it seems reasonable that the new introduction of LDN could be the key.  very cool.  and, yes…PsA can definitely be a big emotional downer…it's awesome that you're feeling better mentally.  i think my husband could benefit from that greatly.
    that's horrible the side effects you got from remicade & humira…sounds like a nightmare!  i've never heard of black hairy tongue! yipes!  from what i've read so far, there don't seem to be many side effects of LDN.  but, have there been any studies to track what side effects there may be?
    i really appreciate you sharing jims!  please keep me updated on your progress.  i wish you continuing success with your protocols.  and a big 😀 that your hands are clearing!  woo-hoo!  :roll-laugh:
    ~mj

PhilC
    Participant

My brother-in-law has psoriasis. Since I suspected that LDN might be helpful I did a little web search and found a forum post by a guy who had just started taking LDN for psoriasis. He was excited because it seemed to be working better than anything else that he had ever taken.

As for my brother-in-law, I don't know how he's doing. I sent him the info on LDN, which he thanked me for, but I never heard anything after that.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ LDN’ is closed to new replies.