Home Forums General Discussion lab results

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SandiS
    Participant

Just a quick update. I was supposed to see Dr S in Tn last month but my youngest daughter became very sick and I had to cancel.  So I am on waiting list again.  Meanwhile, my allergist prescribes minocin for me and I see my unbelieving rheumy for lab work ( insurance reasons)  and ignore all he has to say.  So here are latest results after one year on mino ( generic until June 09) . Btw no herxing until the switch to brand minocin. 

ANA- negative ( has always been negative)

SED RATE- negative ( was slightly postive a yr ago)

Rheumatoid Factor – negative ( slightly positive a yr ago)

CRP  15 0n 9/08, 11.2 on 3/09 ,  and now 46.5 9/09  ( normal < 3) Anti- CCP 149 on 9/08,  184 on 3/09 and now 143 on 9/09  (negative less than 20 ; strong positive over 60) over all very happy.  especially with the anti ccp because rheumy said there was no point in repeating because those never go down. So I said shouldn't we make sure it isn't any higher.  A little concerned over the crp since it was dropping and now is so much higher.  I know labs can herx also but do some improve while others worsen ? Any thoughts ?   SandiS

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Sandi – the C-RP number can vary widely because the number will reflect what was going on on the day you had the blood drawn. It is indicative of infection or inflammation. You are also in the expected time zone for a herxing response in your bloodwork- which you said you did experience physical symptoms of after switching to brand. If you feel well, then I'd say that is probably your best indicator at this point. Hope your daughter is better and that dont have too long a wait to see the doc. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

SandiS
    Participant

Lynnie, Thanks for the info.  I knew crp reflected total inflammation but didn't think about infection. At the time I was getting over a UTI and my temperture was elavated.  That helps me put that number in perspective. 

Sandi

SandiS
    Participant

Lynnie, my daughter is doing much better now. Thanks for asking. 

Sandi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ lab results’ is closed to new replies.