Home Forums General Discussion Klinghardt on why Lyme Disease no longer just a tick borne i

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    lynnie_sydney
    Participant

I’m sure some of the more Lyme Literate folk here have seen or read this piece but it is very interesting for those who are relatively new to the whole Lyme Disease topic – it’s just been posted on the Mercola site:

http://tinyurl.com/6unxasb

Also the links at the bottom of the article are worth a look including this one on why Lyme is often misdiagnosed as RA

http://tinyurl.com/75hdlev

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

vera
    Participant

Lynnie, I saw that piece today – yes! fascinating! I live in Minnesota where we have tons of ticks, mosquitoes, mites, you name it. Everyone should read that piece if they get a chance, even if not suffering from some disease – yet. The vets are dealing with lyme every day – but we can’t seem to get anywhere in mainstream medicine.

Lori

amutch
    Participant

You beat me to it – I got this in my inbox this morning and instantly came here to post it for folks to read.

Ashley

Todd WI
    Participant

Dr. Klinghardt takes microwave radiation and electromagnetic fields very seriously, as it can have a profound impact on Lyme disease.

I’m pretty sure my wife will have me committed if I start wearing tinfoil hats again.

Krys
    Participant

@Todd WI wrote:

I’m pretty sure my wife will have me committed if I start wearing tinfoil hats again.

Todd, did they help with EMF sensitivity when you were wearing them? Did you see any improvement at all?
    Are they expensive and where can you get those? I’d like to try them while at home.
    An added bonus: my husband would probably be smiling or giggling non-stop! 😆

Maz
    Keymaster

@Todd WI wrote:

Todd, you’re a hoot! You just made my day. 😆

Krys
    Participant

Lynnie, this is fascinating. Thank you very much for posting it! I found a possible explanation to perplexing for me digestive problems. The quotes below are just my favorites, they don’t aim at covering the most important points in the article.

The gastroenterological presentation, where you have constant stomach problems, constipation, recurring stomach ulcers and/or indigestion, is very common, especially with the Babesia infection. This is sometimes the direct outcome of pancreatitis or hepatitis, but it can also be due to parasites acquired after contracting Lyme disease. In these cases, aggressive treatment of the parasites typically resolves the problem.

Most commercial tests ….are based on measuring your immune reaction – the presence of antibodies – to the invading microbe. However, one of the primary cells that get infected with Lyme spirochetes are the white blood cells themselves, which is a bit of a game changer…because if your white blood cells are infected, they lose the ability to produce antibodies

FISH test for Babesia is done on blood. But Babesia lives in the central nervous system, joints and connective tissue. It doesn’t live in your blood stream, at least not in significant amounts, so it can easily be missed when looking at blood.

And I thought, all along, that Babesia is a red blood cell parasite?

Some of the ingredients in his formula include: wormwood (Artemisinin) – which has been found extremely effective for malaria–combined with phospholipids; vitamin C and specific herbs.

I seem to remember that the opinions about high effectiveness of artemisinin are devided….myself, I would really like to know a single person that can take artemisinin without going crazy while on it.
    Krys

Maz
    Keymaster

@Krys wrote:

And I thought, all along, that Babesia is a red blood cell parasite?

Hi Krys,

Yes, this perplexed me, as well:

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/babesiosis/gen_info/faqs.html

What is babesiosis?

Babesiosis is caused by microscopic parasites that infect red blood cells. Many different species (types) of Babesia parasites have been found in animals, only a few of which have been found in people. Babesia microti

Krys
    Participant

Thanks, Maz. I was wondering along the same lines….I’m still confused a bit, but maybe I’ll just have to live with it.

Dr. Schaller in “Diagnosis and Treatment of Babesia” presents some photos of Babesia inside red blood cells.
    Three labs best at testing Babesia: IGeneX, Bowen Research Lab and Medical Diagnostic Lab.
    Because I had seen the photos earlier, I presumed that once high tech staining and imaging is used (400 – 1000x magnification), that the test is reliable. But: “Dr. W. reports that on some days Babesia is clearer inside of cells than on other days.” Hence tests should be repeated. Antibody and DNA tests (3rd lab), according to Dr. Schaller, can miss Babesia, hence he recommends repeating the tests 3 times before dismissing the infection.

I think it feels more confusing when one is personally involved.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Parisa
    Participant

Krys,

My husband tested negative on Igenix and MDL babesia testing. However, he had definite signs of babesia so his LLMD went ahead and proceeded to treat. He’s greatest recovery came from treating babesia so I hate to think of all the people who test negative on a test and then don’t treat whether its mycoplasma, borrelia, babesia, etc.

Parisa
    Participant

Here’s a link to an article about the dangers of EMFs:

http://www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/eij/article/warning_high_frequency

Krys
    Participant

Thank you, Parisa.
    I’ve just received an e-mail from my LLMD that we can treat Babesia if the symptoms are still present. I’m relieved. I’ve only tested positive for mycoplasma at my present test, but ever since I went off abx (still taking herbals), I’m going down pretty fast. Even digestive issues are daily deteriorating. Chemical /EMF sensitivities crazily intensified.

I had thought that herbals + diet would resolve the worst and I planned on resuming abx, if needed, later. But it seems that “later” is not the best choice at all!

I’ll read your link tomorrow. Time for bed.
    Thank you. Your posts are very precious!
    Warm wishes, Krys

sandy
    Participant

Hi, I was most interested in the part where Dr. K prescribes Ozone shots for painful joints. I called Dr. A’s office here in Seattle, who studied with Dr. K., and her receptionist said that her newly hired nurse DOES give these shots, so I have a message in to DR. A to see if I could benefit from these shots. It turns out that this nurse used to be Dr. Klinghardt’s nurse!! What do you know! I have not posted for a while as the aches, pains, and fatigue have come back, so I’m really hoping I can connect with something soon. BTW, I have taken artemisinin in the form of a “slurry”, recipie by Dr. K, and even though I have gut issues, I seemed to do fine.He mixes it with grapefruit seed extract, and a form of vitamin c that is better absorbed (bio-something). I am back on this again as you kind of start and stop. Sandy

jellionsmith
    Participant

Circulatory system diseases are affects on our hearts and blood vessel of the body. I want to know some list of diseases affecting the circulatory system.

diseases of circulatory system

sandy
    Participant

Hi, just a brief report on Ozone shots given by a nurse who worked with Klinghardt for 8 years. The ozone gas is shot into places where she thinks it will help. In my case, the upper neck and back area as I have a burning pain in my upper forearms. I’ve been there 3 x now and she went slowly at first to see my reaction. I felt fatigue, although it could have been relaxation as I felt less pain and went to bed early (strange as I’m night owl). I also have bee venom, a cream that my husband applies at night to affected joints, I applied it to my knees and 10 hours later, they were red, swollen and puffy. The nurse said great! I said really? I will give it some more time. I guess no one else has tried this? Sandy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.