Home Forums General Discussion Kids

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Patti D
    Participant

In the words of Rodney King,”Can't we all just get along”:roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh: Wasn't King from California???

John- I started reading the MP protocol and whew , that was alot for a newbie to digest but heck, if it works go with it! It was a lot of information.

Maz,

I'm on chapter 5 of Pam Weintraubs book. It is just fascinating and at the same time very upseting. We can do our own little book club. Trudi is also getting the book so we will see her take on this too. I am having a 95% better week. Maybe I was herxing the entire last month. I did not even get achy with the rain. That is a first. How are you doing and how are your knees? I have just completed 6 months and again, feel I have made progress. I will do my thread soon. I just wanted more to report on.

Happy days!

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

Hey Patti!

No worries…John's a sweetheart and verbal sparring is fun with him and neither of us takes it personally.  😉  I always find it so fascinating that “where attention goes, energy flows”….or whatever we place focus on will expand. John and I just happen to have placed our focus on different points on the same curve…but this actually makes for really good science.

What isn't so good is when science gets stubbornly trapped in an ideology, much as Pam Weintraub describes in her book is happening with those who are dictating our health and treatments. That sort of thing is not far off those who couldn't fathom the earth was a sphere and not flat at all….or Native Americans who were unable to see ships in the horizon, because they just didn't exist within their frame of reference….hey….and I'm getting way too into my head tonight….where's the comic relief gone????? :roll-laugh: I'm with you, though…Pam's book is a real mix of education and frustration!  :headbang: (Depiction of Lyme Rage for ya, John!!! hehe).

So glad to hear you're on the mend trend, again, Patti!!!! I'm hoping to turn that corner again, myself, soon. This perimenpausal thing :headbang: (that's a perimenopausal rage thing, now)…has really knocked me back. I won't go into the boring detail, suffice to say that the hormonal shifts are very definitely causing some exacerbations…the latest being my left ankle and foot….swollen, but not exactly pain in ankle…more like hot poker, shooting pains on the top of my foot. Knee swelling is coming down in increments, but they have their moments, too. I'm turning a bit of a corner today, so hopeful that this was just a temporary blip. Boy, we really do have similar joints affected, Patti, don't we? Although I don't wish this on anyone, I'm so glad you're there or I really would feel “special.” Ugh.

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Just to add to this heady discussion, my suspected co-infections with LD may have been confirmed.  I have been herxing bigtime while on Marshall and low and behold what appeared on my back but a classic Bartonella rash!  I've also seen articles that just like Maz's lyme induced RA, you can also have lyme induced SD.  The timing fits perfectly in my case.

And for those of you that are interested, my ticks are still alive.  My four ticks that were extracted from my head are still living in a ziplock baggie ~ since May 27th!!!  They must have sucked more blood than I realized.  Anyway, now we're going for a record.  I will keep you posted because you must be sitting on the edge of your seats.:P

Maz
    Keymaster

Oh Kim….so sorry to hear about this and can't believe your ticks are still kickin in their baggie…ugh. :sick:  Hard to tell, I guess, if this is a new infection or one from previous run-ins with ticks. As you say, rashes can reappear as a herx in chronic forms as well as with reinfections/new infections and probably irrelevant to make a distinction, as it's there, anyway. I hesitate to use that “coinfections” word now, as I do get John's point about a pathogen soup… I use it loosely but sometimes it's very helpful to know what may be at the root of our disease if specific treatment is needed to speed things up.

May sound weird, but have you thought of taking a digital pic of your rash?May be a good idea to document it, as you just never know. If you should need IVs, it may just be worth it for insurance coverage….and sometimes just to get a doc to believe you.

You're in my thoughts.

Peace, Maz

John McDonald
    Participant

“Can't we all just get along”

Shucks, I've been caught throwing sand in the sandbox again. I think all I have been trying to say is that Maz and I are saying the exact same thing, but with different language and different religious overtones. Pea soup. Impossibility of determing the infective vector. Commonality of symptoms. So I'm saying why call it lyme, or why not call it all lyme. It is all the same as far as I can see. I wil play nice.

Kim
    Participant

[user=27]Maz[/user] wrote:

May sound weird, but have you thought of taking a digital pic of your rash?May be a good idea to document it, as you just never know. If you should need IVs, it may just be worth it for insurance coverage….and sometimes just to get a doc to believe you.

Thanks, Maz, we're on the same page because I did take a few photos.

Patti D
    Participant

Good afternoon friends!

Maz,

Too funny! Next time I get into my post-mental pause state(yeah sorry that comes next;)) I will refer to it as a tad bit of “lyme rage:angry:”  I am so sure no one will question my demeanor.  It seems that your left foot and my right foot are doing the same thing, giving us lots of grief! Maybe I am giving that ankle too much attention. You stated it beautifully,”Where attention goes, energy flows.” So I am thinking I should shove that big fat foot into my old cute weggie heels and see if it doesn't cooperate:D Just the thought of this makes me cringe. I will give it more epsom salts, rub it nicely, tell that ankle how grateful I am that it is supporting my ” ex prednisonian body” and send it good karma:dude: ohoommm!!!

Kim,

I don't know if I should laugh or cry that those dirty buggers are still with us:shock: But I am not surprised. My friends husband had a full deer in a meat freezer and after he started to defrost it , yes the deer ticks fell off of the carcas and were alive as well.

John & Maz,

Sure is nice to see the family work things out:roll-laugh::roll-laugh: I think the pea soup is just great!!

Happy days!

Patti

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=3]John McDonald[/user] wrote:

Shucks, I've been caught throwing sand in the sandbox again. I think all I have been trying to say is that Maz and I are saying the exact same thing, but with different language and different religious overtones. Pea soup. Impossibility of determing the infective vector. Commonality of symptoms. So I'm saying why call it lyme, or why not call it all lyme. It is all the same as far as I can see. I wil play nice.

Hey John,

Yea, I also think we're saying the same stuff…just using “secular” terminology. It is a pea soup out there and I know I use the phrases “Lyme and coinfections” loosely and lazily. Have to say, though, that I see a lot of value in what is going on in the “Lymelands” in terms of bringing all kinds of chronic infection into the public mind. I was totally ignorant of the devastating effects any such infection could have until it happened to me. It's all just been played down so much and incomprehensible that this information has been suppressed, ignored, denied… So I think what occurs in the “Lyme Pea Soup” Community will have much bearing on how longterm antibiotic treatments or new treatments may evolve for us all…whether the infectious vector is known or not. My ultimate hope is that it will give all physicians free reign to treat as ethically as possible and as they feel necessary in their professional opinion, without fear of license revocation, and for patients to have a fully informed choice.

I'm still pretty concerned that the chronically infected who do have “coinfections,” whatever they may be, do have a means of figuring this out, without a battle, because some of them do require specific treatments other than antibiotics. Treating babesia with an anti-protozoal, for instance, can greatly hasten treatment and prevent relapse down the road.  We all hope that our immune systems will remain healed for good, once remission is achieved, and that these bugs can be fought off naturally, but practically speaking, this isn't guaranteed. It's generally accepted that when one coinfection is conquered, others become opportunistic. I know this point is debatable from the MP standpoint, but as MP is still in its experimental stages, in much the same way as treatments for Lyme, final conclusive evidence of full cure outcomes in chronic cases can't, with any scientific integrity, be predicted with any certainty in our lifetimes.   

So, we just have to follow our guts and follow the road that calls….and often there are many roads that lead to the same desination. We just happen to be generation that are forging the paths for others to come after. This, not even beginning to take into account the thousands who have had their lives turned around by AP.

And just to add a bit of mush to the sandbox…I didn't feel you were throwing sand, John…you just fevently believe in the path you're currently taking. I appreciate that. My path has taken some different turns, but this doesn't make you or me wrong. We're just projecting our stuff in different ways….so throw sand, but just not in my peepers, k? I need to be able to see to type! :roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz 

Kim
    Participant

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

Kim,

I don't know if I should laugh or cry that those dirty buggers are still with us:shock: But I am not surprised. My friends husband had a full deer in a meat freezer and after he started to defrost it , yes the deer ticks fell off of the carcas and were alive as well.

Oh, my, that just takes the cake!!!  Now I'm even more curious how long mine will live.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Wendi,

I also heard from Prof N that once we are on AP, it is no longer contagious. However, I would still be careful. Here is the hot topic we discussed earlier. http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=516&forum_id=1&highlight=transmission+of+mycoplasma

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘ Kids’ is closed to new replies.