Home Forums General Discussion Just an update from me,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maz.aust
    Participant

Mini flares for the past 2 wks, a day apart thank heavens. 

Saw Dr D yesterday, she asked me if it was a 'herx' I said no because it doesn't feel like any herx I have ever had, trying to explain it is really strange; all I know is that it migratory and the pain is around the old 4-5 on the painometer.  Dr D said I may need not a tweak but an actual change of abx, I am so glad I had pre-empted things & had already made an appt with the Naturopath for tomorrow at 3.00pm. 

I was scheduled to see Dr D in mid Sept anyway but with this set of mini flares thought I should call the Naturopath, then get the bloods drawn & make an appt to see Dr D in that order …… however when I rang for an appt she happened to have a cancellation.  Soooo lucky there wasn't a speed camera anywhere….

Strange isn't it when you think you are under control then something happens to remind you that you do still have a disease. 

I found it interesting that Dr D herself has had a flare recently, and her diet is really tight, must admit it makes me feel a bit better knowing my own doctor is feeling under the weather right now too, so it isn't just me (that's not nice is it!).

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Marie
    Participant

[user=492]maz.aust[/user] wrote:

Strange isn't it when you think you are under control then something happens to remind you that you do still have a disease.   

It is strange, isn't it? 

I hope you make it through this bump in the road soon. 

Bumping along with you,

Marie

linda
    Participant

What's going on?, seems like many of us have hit a rough spot. Sorry to hear this, Maz. Hope the change in abx helps.

maz.aust
    Participant

I agree girls, I know quite a few people (on the net) that have hit the wall recently.  I was putting it down to just me being me, some of the others were blaming the weather over here, but now I don't know … it is all very strange.  Anyway – just needed to vent yesterday and verbalise that I am having another hiccup in my journey, but will continue to hang in there & do everything I can to give my system the boost it needs to get over this. 

It would be nice if we knew what sparked us off but we don't — it seems to be all hit and miss — As Dr D said to me yesterday a 1/4 tablet can make all the difference between feeling well and not well.

As to my mental state I haven't changed, I fully intend to give it my best shot to be into remission within 3-5 yrs… shame my body can't be as positive as my mind…lol

Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

All off days Probiotics

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

It is nice to know that bumps in the healing process are normal and experienced by all, isn't it?

Hope you feel better real soon, Maz-aust.

Susan

maz.aust
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I had my consults yesterday and this is how it went.  

Saw Lynn (Naturopath) yesterday 3.00pm, as usual I went armed with the whole shooting match, all my abx, (Rulide, Klacid, Ceclor CD, Amoxil Forte syrup & Doxy) panadiene forte, panadol, Nexium & a tablet cutter so we could play with the doses. Just over an hour later Lynn finally had a mix she thought would work; so drove like a maniac up the highway to see Dr D (she was waiting for me) armed with her findings …. The result of all that was an abx change so my new AP regime is : Ibilex, Rulide, Amoxil & Dalacin C.

The other good thing that happened yesterday was that by 10.30am I realised I was totally pain free, whoo !!  When I told Dr D she said there was no doubt it was a direct result of doubling my abx Mon & Tue;  & she has written it down on my file as my 'rescue drugs'…lol :blush:  a combination of Amoxil forte, Rulide, Klacid & Ceclor CD taken twice a day, every day, will stop my flares !!

I am in awe that Lynn has the ability to test a drug, it's affect on me & more importantly that it will tell her not only if it is working or not but whether it is going to work or not !!   

Today I have gone from feeling sorry for myself, in pain & wanting to hit someone to being pain free and looking forward to testing the new abx. I am on such a high this morning, feeling like the time when Lynnie (RB site) first told me about Dr D, it was such a feeling of relief to find out that there was a doctor who wouldn't think I was crazy and may actually be able to help me.  I am happy to report Lynnie that firstly finding you & you knowing about Dr D & passing it on to me was the best piece of advice you could ever give me, thank you.   🙂

Yesterday turned out to be a great day !

All off days Probiotics

Christina V
    Participant

Hi Maz,

You know we are all with you, good to hear you had such positive results with both Doctor and Naturopath.  You know if only good wishes were enough to make us well, we would all be super fit with the amount of fellow feeling, encouragement and love found on this board :roll-laugh:  Take it easy my friend, talk soon, Christina

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

That's great to hear, Maz. I know you've been in a place of doubt lately (it happens to us all, especially when things are not going our way and even more when we are in pain). So good to hear that you're pain free and on a high today……these are the days we'd like to bottle, huh? Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=30]lynnie_sydney[/user] wrote:

……these are the days we'd like to bottle, huh? Lynnie

YOU BECHA !!

All off days Probiotics

Kim
    Participant

Great news, Maz.  What a relief to be able to dump your stuff in someone else's lap and trust that they can help.  Wish I had a Dr. D. near me. :crying:

Take care…….kim

maz.aust
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Great news, Maz.  What a relief to be able to dump your stuff in someone else's lap and trust that they can help.  Wish I had a Dr. D. near me. :crying:

Take care…….kim

Thanks Kim, 
    I wish that for you, and everyone else as well  😉   Everyone should have a Dr D in their lives!

All off days Probiotics

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ Just an update from me,’ is closed to new replies.