Home Forums General Discussion John's vacation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

John, 

It's been awhile since we've heard from John, I know he was taking a break from the meds but I can't remember for how long. Has he contacted anyone recently? Hope you're well, John, and I look forward to hearing from you soon. I saw a report on the financial woes of CA, it sounds like a seriously bad situation. I hope you're not affected by it.

Linda

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

John has been on my mind too.  John, are you ok?

patchoulee
    Participant

I had an email last from him on 12/29/08 he was doing well when I spoke with him then..

Angela

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Everyone – I am sure if John sees this thread he will respond himself. I had an email from him on Tuesday 3rd February. He is well but “insanely busy” (quote) with both his career and personal life. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

John McDonald
    Participant

Thanks all for asking and thank you JB for the PM bringing it to my attention. In quick recap I am finished with my MP vacation. I am back on all 3 abx at the same doses that were so difficult for me 6 or 8 months ago except now they are not so difficult at all. I seem to have my mind and energy back. Normally I would ramp up my antibiotics and restart the MP herxing except…. I badly want to rework my career so I have decided to hold exactly where I am on all 3 abx. I reason that my body with all this abx on board will be hostile to microbes so I will not lose ground and may even gain a bit more. I really feel sharp and entrepreneurial again and very energetic. I have thoroughly reworked and am still reworking my website velcro boot and crutches I said “When I jumped from the helicopter my skis crossed and I tumbled down the mountain”. “Really” (with big eyes)? “No, actually we were in Thailand and I tried my hand at kick boxing.” I had more. I kept going about rock climbing in Switzerland and the Husband who came home too soon and such until they laughed and gave up. But it was a trip and fall. 

I am nearby, insanely busy as accurately reported and having fun. PM me please if anyone needs anything.

Wonderful friends, thank you.

-john
    (corrected spelling and typos twice now. Sigh!)

davew
    Participant

Good to see you John.

Trudi
    Participant

Glad your all OK, John–

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

froggy
    Participant

Good to hear all is well.:dude:

JBJBJB
    Participant

John,

You “made me wonder” when you “disappeared” from this little world…. I can only speak for myself. Psychologically I have been “closely” watching your improvement when you were completely off the antibiotic treatment. You were kind of a guinea pig :>;)—- sorry to say this way

for us to watch you “jumping out of the antibiotic pool”, wandering in the “wilderness”.

So when you were out, at least I was wondering, how well you were doing while “naked” under the sun!

Glad to hear your update!

JB

linda
    Participant

The name's Bond…John McBond.:dude:

Kim
    Participant

Man, you are not moving forward, you are charging forward! 

Sending you all the best wishes in your endeavours, John. 🙂

Take care…..kim

John McDonald
    Participant

I am charging forward. I used to charge forward before I acquired RA. I was like that drop of water that you use to test the heat of a skillet just before cooking the pancakes. I was skittering and moving fast. I slowed down in the decade before getting RA and I assumed it was just aging. I didn't process information quite as fast and I figured it was time to make room for the young people. But I seem to be back, finally, even while still on some antibiotics. But let's see if I can get some traction and actually change some stuff.  😎

Meanwhile I have turned off most of the email alerts from all of the bulletin boards so that I can concentrate. If y'all want me for interrogations please send a PM. That will get through.

I sure do like the support and family that I get here.

-john

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ John's vacation’ is closed to new replies.