Home Forums General Discussion Joe M. and Fran?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant

Hi Joe M and Fran,

Are you and your families okay?

Michele

Joe M
    Participant

Yes, thanks for asking.  We are in a higher part of town, unaffected by the rivers.  The city is getting back to normal as the rivers have been going down for the past couple days.

Michele
    Participant

Glad to hear you are okay! I'm a native Iowan and seeing all the destruction on-line is really incomprehensible.

Michele

Maz
    Keymaster

Joe, really glad you and the family are okay and escaped the worst. Patti didn't sound to be as fortunate, mentioning the other day that the flood waters were creeping pretty close to her cottage. Do hope you're okay, Patti…you're in my thoughts.

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Joe & Maz,

Joe, glad your house is high & dry!

Maz,

Thanks for your concern. We ended up sandbagging or should i say my poor husband did the sandbagging while I moved the plastic:( I have no strength from this whold thing, RA/lyme. If this flood came 2 years ago i would have moved the bags right next to him. The good news is the water only got in the sun room and requires a small bit of clean up. If it stays dry, I should be able to move the furniture back in by Friday, my day off. The water surpassed the 100 year flood plain, maybe 200 year if there is one. This is our cottage not home so we feel horrible for our wonderful neighbors as fema did declare our lake a disaster. This weekend we will begin the cleanup.

I have been herxing something fierce for over a week, very weepy and cranky:angry:. My joints are starting to feel better today. I got a little crazy on sunday as I have two big lumps on the base of each big toe and they hurt. Had my brother in law look at them and they are not bunions but arthritis:sick: go figure ! He is an orth/surgeon and recommended fusion as I have limited ROM in the joint of one toe. Or he said I could get higher/deeper shoes and put up with it. So i guess my days of cute shoes are over. :doh: It could be worse right. Hope you have a great week and feel great:blush:

happy days!

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

I have been herxing something fierce for over a week, very weepy and cranky:angry:. My joints are starting to feel better today. I got a little crazy on sunday as I have two big lumps on the base of each big toe and they hurt. Had my brother in law look at them and they are not bunions but arthritis:sick: go figure ! He is an orth/surgeon and recommended fusion as I have limited ROM in the joint of one toe. Or he said I could get higher/deeper shoes and put up with it. So i guess my days of cute shoes are over. :doh: It could be worse right. Hope you have a great week and feel great:blush:

Oh, Patti, while I'm so relieved to hear your cottage was spared and the damage was limited to your sunroom, I'm just so sorry to hear that your body didn't fare as well in the whole episode, causing you this uncomfortable herxing. Has this problem in your big toes happened over a long time or did it come on since your Lyme/RA?

Thank you for your kind wishes and I send the same back to you…and do hope the cleanup won't be too difficult for you. If you can, be careful to avoid breathing in any of those nasty, post flood molds. Maybe get one of those plasterer's masks while you clorax everything down?

You're in my thoughts, my Lyme-sista!

Peace, Maz 

Patti D
    Participant

Maz,

I really was hoping to hear from you right away. Isn't that wonderful how that works:blush: The clean up has me a little scared as you know this immune system is already crazy:shock: Now all I have to worry about is picking up giardia(great for weight loss), hepatitis A and e coli:(

At the base of my big toe has always been what I thought to be a bunion. It has rubbed on the top of my shoes for years but recently, in the last year hence RA/lyme the bugger has doubled in size and now hurts pretty much all of the time from the rubbing. My brother in law said it was not rheumatoid(he is one of the 5 doctors who still believes I do not have RA but just lyme) This arthritits is osteo not rheumatoid. He believes I have bone spurs over the lumps(2nd lump is developing on other toe) Some of this is age related? I am 53 so something has to give besides my belt:roll-laugh: Anyway,

I am obviously not having any surgery yet. I will go with the ugly but comfy shoes(brand name merrill is what he recommmended). Lyme/sista I will be a ok!! I just have got to be thankful for that little mino capsule. I still feel better than I did one year ago.

Happy days!

patti d

Patti D
    Participant

Ok Maz,

Should we tell the board that the word bump is not a dirty little word? Can't believe I have been censored again.:roll-laugh: 

Anything for a good laugh!

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=287]Patti D[/user] wrote:

This arthri*oops* is osteo not rheumatoid.

Patti…I'm happy to see the flood didn't wash away your potti mouth with it!!:roll-laugh:

Oh man…didn't think of all the other post flood pathogens out there lurking to hitch a ride…ugh. So glad to hear you're just going to wait it out before deciding on surgery…it's such a touch and go thing when we're already unwell and you were doing so great before all this happened. So many folk report relapses after surgery, maybe post-operative and stress-related, though I also wonder about this “smoke-hopper” thing Brown described.

Thanks for your swift reply! Feels like you're next door when that happens!

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Hi Maz,

Yeah! Isn't that great! Kind of like were having coffee in the garden or should I say sitting in the easy chairs sipping lemon/olive oil drink:cool:

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice? Or even mopping up flood muck together! Well, we're going through the rough and smooth together in other ways, so I guess that counts, too.

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Imagine that! 2 lymies cleaning up the muck. We have donated our cottage to the high school ecology club for the week. They normally come out to another cottage(now filled with water) and do purple loose strife clean up , and other wonderful things to keep our water clean and healthy. This week they are helping flood victims.

I am prepared with bleach, gloves, and some old Stevie Wonder Tunes. Don't know why but maybe I can put a little spirit into the cleaning.

Thanks again Maz

You made my day:)

Patti D

Maz
    Keymaster

Patti, I always get a smile from your posts – always so uplifting. You're a trooper and I really get a kick out of your humor! :dude:  Thanks for all the great vibes. Hey, can you pass the chocolate brownies to sweeten the lemon/olive oil drink?:roll-laugh:

Peace, Maz

Patti D
    Participant

Ditto Sista:dude:

Patti D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ Joe M. and Fran?’ is closed to new replies.