Home Forums General Discussion I've Been Busy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Randy
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been able to post too much of late because I've been very busy. Yep, busy is a four letter word, but that's good in our SD camp.  I started working a fairly short-term job that has excellent potential for permanent work down stream.  Of course, starting work stopped the private long-term disability insurance I was getting.  But that insurance company was a royal pain to work with anyway.  Basically, from my perspective they believe you are only disabled if you are dead. :X

On the positive side, social security disability (SSDI) will continue for me during a 9 month Trial Work Period along with some other supporting aspects.  This is the SSDI way of encouraging you to go back to work.

So, yes, I continue to improve every day and I am leaving a lot of the SD collateral damage behind (like my previous employer who fired me because they found out I had SD). I am playing some tennis and squash (though I still can't run and the bottoms of my feet still hurt) and I'm scheduled to have my bad L hip resurfaced (a modern type of hip replacement) toward the end of June, as long as I get approval from Dr. F..

Yes, we are continuing to “Blast the Bastards”………….. “and … loving it!”

Randy

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Conniel7777
    Participant

Randy,

So good to hear that you havent been on the board much because you are busy living an active life! :roll-laugh:  ( talk about an EXCELLENT reason to not be able to post much! )

Congrats as well on the job front.. I know how you feel, sort of… things at my job took a scary downturn, and I certainly cant afford to be unemployed, as I need my paycheck AND my health insurance!! but, thankfully, as of the last day or so, things are looking up…  turns out the owners of my company own many other companies as well, and if they cant use me where I am currently working, they will put me to work in another of their businesses…  I say, just keep paying me and keep insuring me, and I will work where they say!

So excited to see you write that you continue to improve everyday..  may I ask, when you say the bottoms of your feet hurt, what do you mean by that? I mean, I cant walk fast or long distances ( and cant walk on a treadmill ) because I have plantar faciaitis (sp?) is this also what you have? can this possibly be caused / aggravated by SD? I just attributed mine to being overweight and flat footed…

Keep on blasting the bastards! 

Connie   >^..^<

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1441]Conniel7777[/user] wrote:

may I ask, when you say the bottoms of your feet hurt, what do you mean by that? I mean, I cant walk fast or long distances ( and cant walk on a treadmill ) because I have plantar faciaitis (sp?) is this also what you have? can this possibly be caused / aggravated by SD? I just attributed mine to being overweight and flat footed…

Hi Connie,

Plantar's fasciitis and sore soles can also be due to bartonella, a coinfection of Lyme disease (scroll to Bartonella sx at this link:

http://www.holtorfmed.com/topics/lyme-disease/diagnosis-and-treatment-of-lyme-disease

Worth checking into Lyme connection?

Hi Randy,

Congrats on the new PT job! Way to go, buddy!! Speaks volumes to your progress – WOW!

Peace, Maz

mschmidt
    Participant

Randy,

I am SO ecstatic for you!!:roll-laugh:  I've wondered where you've been but, am happy that you're busy enjoying life–you certainly deserve that!   It's been a long road for you, and I'm thrilled that you are going to start working again.  (and that SSI will continue to pay you while you work)

What a great attitude you have, letting go of all the collateral damage of what's happened to you in the past with your employer, insurance company, etc.  That kind of baggage doesn't serve your healing process so, good for you!  Good luck with your surgery, and please let us know how you're doing afterwards. 

Keep blasting the bastards!!

Maria

mikana
    Participant

Great news Randy, I know Mike is very much looking forward to the day he can return to work. He is going a bit nutty.

Stay blessed friend, Lana

Conniel7777
    Participant

Maz,

Oh Man… thanks for this reply…  you know, if I had a penny for every health condition that I have that can be traced back to Lyme, good grief, I could quit work!

I definitely plan on looking into the Lyme thing.. money has been the issue, but I dont think i can avoid this any longer…

Can you kindly give me the info on how to order that Igenex blood test kit for myself?

Do I need a precription from a doctor to order it, to mail it in, or both?

its about $200.00, right?

Its like everywhere I turn, a virtual sledgehammer hits me on the head that says “Get tested for Lyme!!”  I need to do it, once and for all..  because I think I KNOW what the answer will be… ( hopefully not babesia or one of the other super nasty co-infections.. now you mention bartonella?? oh brother..thats all I need, but…) if thats the case, I need to know so I can start lyme protocol.

Where would we all be without you?

Thanks, Maz!

Connie  >^..^<

Mumof3
    Participant

Randy, I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and you're still “Blasting the Bastards!” That's awesome that are able to work part time and play tennis and squash again. I am so happy to hear it!

Take care!

Kim
    Participant

Randy,  wonderful to hear you've taken such huge steps forward.  PM me the address of your jerk former boss and I'll send him a box of termites, ticks, or whatever is available. :roll-laugh:

Connie, you can use the “search” button on the board for “Lyme testing” and all the instructions are laid out.  My LLMD doesn't order the tests for co-infections because they are not that accurate and don't cover enough strains, so you can do the basic Western Blot for around $200.  Igenex.com has all the instructions on ordering the kit.  I think you're very smart to be tested because Minocin alone won't cut it if Lyme is at the root.

Sore feet……..I have it too from loss of padding on my soles, also no padding on my hands either.

Take care…..kim

richie
    Participant

Hi Randy –That really is good news –sounds like you are just about ready for “The All Better Club ” –

To the person with sore soles —A strange problem that arises with many SD people is the loss of padding on the palms and bottom of feet –why ? who knows –it  didnt come back for me –very soft cushiony innersoles help –

richie

Conniel7777
    Participant

Kim,

Oh.. okay.. thanks for that info.. I will do this today!

Funny you say “no padding” on the soles… sometimes when i walk, my heels feel like the bone is coming in direct contact with the cement, as if I am not wearing shoes or anything…  Hhhmm.. now I know why. Lovely.

Maz
    Keymaster

Can you kindly give me the info on how to order that Igenex blood test kit for myself?

Do I need a precription from a doctor to order it, to mail it in, or both?

its about $200.00, right?

Its like everywhere I turn, a virtual sledgehammer hits me on the head that says “Get tested for Lyme!!”  I need to do it, once and for all..  because I think I KNOW what the answer will be… ( hopefully not babesia or one of the other super nasty co-infections.. now you mention bartonella?? oh brother..thats all I need, but…) if thats the case, I need to know so I can start lyme protocol.

Hi Connie,

To obtain the testing kit, just call IGeneX labs at http://www.IGeneX.com and ask them to mail you the Lyme testing kit. It contains everything you'll need – the paperwork, the packing materials for the blood sample and the return mailer. You just fill out the paperwork (basic western blot are test #s 188 and 189). You then have a doc sign off on it where indicated, take everything to your local Quest or LabCorp, have them draw the blood sample and pack it for you. Then, put everything in the mailer (signed paperwork, blood sample and your check) and take it to your local UPS store to mail it same day. Best to get blood drawn early in week, so blood sample doesn't degrade in mail.

You should get results sent back to the ordering physician within 2 to 3 weeks and important to get a copy, even if doc says it's a negative result. There are some bands so specific to Lyme that further testing may be needed on indeterminate bands to confirm a result.

When you get your results, there are some good links to help you interpret your results. And, as Kim said, coinfection panel testing is really expensive and so just getting the basic WB is usually enough for a LLMD to go by, if Lyme is suspected. A good LLMD will automatically assess for coinfections and treat those, too.

Hope that helps, Connie. 😀

Peace, Maz

Kim
    Participant

Kim,

Oh.. okay.. thanks for that info.. I will do this today!

Funny you say “no padding” on the soles… sometimes when i walk, my heels feel like the bone is coming in direct contact with the cement, as if I am not wearing shoes or anything…  Hhhmm.. now I know why. Lovely.

Welcome to the sensible shoes club, Connie. :roll-laugh:  We had a thread a while back on what shoes we really wear and it was things like Crocs, Uggs, etc.  I never go barefoot anymore and will only wear shoes with a lot of cush.  On top of everything else, I'll be damned if I have to put up with sore feet for vanity issues, so I don't, and wear shoes that are comfortable! :roll-laugh:

If I were a betting woman I'd just bet that you test positive for Lyme……ugh. :doh:

Take care……kim

Parisa
    Participant

Watch out with the Uggs.  My daughter was having foot problems and decided maybe she should stop wearing her Uggs all over the place.  About a week later there was an article stating how Uggs can lead to foot problems because there's no support and at the same time the boot is heavy.

Kim
    Participant

[user=13]Parisa[/user] wrote:

Watch out with the Uggs.  My daughter was having foot problems and decided maybe she should stop wearing her Uggs all over the place.  About a week later there was an article stating how Uggs can lead to foot problems because there's no support and at the same time the boot is heavy.

Thanks for the heads up, Parisa.  I can see that because Uggs really don't have much support, I just wear them for warmth in the winter and not for my all-day shoes.

Recently I bought a pair of Shape Ups that I'm pretty happy about.  Talk about cushion, they are like walking on pillows.

Take care…..kim

Conniel7777
    Participant

Maz.. as usual..

THANKS!!!!!!!!!! 

I MUST do this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ I've Been Busy’ is closed to new replies.