Home Forums General Discussion ITS OFFICIAL

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    reesak
    Participant

Hi everyone – I have been offically started on treatment for Lyme disease – my doctor has put me on Zithromax for a course of 3 months and then we will reassess at that time – I will also be on 2 heavy duty probiotics as well.  He said that after 3 months I should notice improvement and after 6 months we should know whether or not it is for sure working.  He said I may be on antibiotics for a total of 18 months.  He said with my positive Igenex test, lab tests and symptoms, he is extremely suspicious of my RA diagnosis.

I'm going off my mino at his request and am going to give my body a week to get rid of that before starting the Zithromax.  He said to stay on the pred (5 mg) if I need to even though it is not ideal, but he said that if I need it to function in the next 3 months, then stay on it because the antibiotics will work anyway. 

Wish me luck!.  I know it might get worse before it gets better, but I am in it for the long haul.

ReesaK

Trudi
    Participant

[user=2332]reesak[/user] wrote:

Wish me luck!. 

Good Luck :)!!  Keep us posted!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

PhilC
    Participant

[user=2332]reesak[/user] wrote:

I'm going off my mino at his request and am going to give my body a week to get rid of that before starting the Zithromax.

Since those two antibiotics can be taken together, there really shouldn't be any reason why you would need to be off the minocycline for a week before starting on the Zithromax. Did your doctor tell you to wait a week?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

reesak
    Participant

No, he didn't tell me to wait a week but I thought it would be a good idea – I have a class reunion coming up in a week so I think I will start the antibiotics after that in case I herx.  I don't want to feel like crap for my reunion!

Thanks for the support.

ReesaK

spfister
    Participant

Good Luck  on the new program Reesak,

Had you noticed any improvements on the minocycline?  I have noticed a lot and I am only up to 100mg three times a week.  But since I'm small 100 lbs, I think it's working good at that amount.  Anyway hope all goes well with you.

SPfister

reesak
    Participant

Hi – yes, I have noticed some improvement – less swelling, less fatigue.  I still have stiffness in the morning and some pain but nothing that keeps me awake at night or interferes with my functioning during the day. I am still on pred 5 mg but I still like mino is helping. 

We will see what this Lyme treatment brings – I hope and pray that that is the real diagnosis and that my treatment will work.  If not, then I guess it's back to square one.

Thanks for your encouragement.

ReesaK

eann
    Participant

Good luck, reesak. I am on Zithromax right now. Makes me herx a lot, but most antibiotics do. Still waiting for the better part.

reesak
    Participant

eann- how long have you been on Zithromax?  My doctor said the first month or so could be brutal but then after that it should get better. 

ReesaK

eann
    Participant

I've just been on the zithromax for about 3 weeks. I had to stop it and take a break after 2 weeks because the herx was unbearable. I've been back on for the third week. Still really rough.

My doctor doesn't want me to let the herx get too bad, so I have a hard time figuring when to push through to kill the bugs and when to take a break. Looking forward to the time when I feel better on the antibiotics.

Hope it helps you.

reesak
    Participant

I don't mean to bother you, but what are your symptoms of the herx so I know what to be prepared for.

Thanks,

ReesaK

eann
    Participant

No bother. I just had my usual symptoms get worse. Severe spinal pain, joint pains, fatigue, cognitive issues, neuro symptoms, etc.

I don't know what your symptoms are, but mine just seem to intensify with the Zithromax. Doesn't mean that you will have the same results. Like I said, I have got the herx part down pretty well. It is the feeling better part I am not so good at.

reesak
    Participant

I have joint pain and some swelling that migrates to a different joint almost every day.  I also have stiffness in the morning until around noon and foggy brain.  I also have neck, scalp and upper back stiffness and pain and eye twitching along with other muscle twitching.  I forget things very easily, too.

I guess I will see what happens.  I hope your herxing gets over soon so you can start to feel better.

ReesaK

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘ ITS OFFICIAL’ is closed to new replies.