Home Forums General Discussion it's me again

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tish
    Participant

i have taken minocin for about 3 years before getting off of it for awhile.  not sure if herxing or allergic.  last nite before bed itching but it stopped.  tried to eat more yesterday cause losing too much weight.  this morning took minocin, upper arm joints and wrists started hurting, then drank a protein shake.  started having chills, sleepy, and just sick all over, stayed in bed til about 12:30 p.m. feeling some better now. is it herx or allergy to minocin.  i will take next one at 4.  almost scared to. any advice, guys.

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

I am by far not an expert on this, but that sure sounds like a herx to me.  The itching seems to be common among SD folks.  I have read it said on this board that Dr. T in Boston has told patients that is may be the skin healing from the inside out!  I don't know, but the flu like symptoms sure sound like a Herx reaction.  Maybe think about trying some of the herx calming remedies like the lemon olive oil drink.

Sorry you are going through this, if it is a herx, maybe you can talk yourself through it knowing that it is part of the process of getting better.

Cheryl F.

Randy
    Participant

How often should the lemon olive oil drink be taken?

Diffuse SD since Apr '07
    AP since Feb '08
    100mg Mino twice daily
    Stopped Clindamycin IVs Aug 2019
    "No one should profit over someone else's illness"

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Here is a post from A Friend that answers that question:

Posted by A Friend on Mon – Nov 6 – 08:36am:

In Reply to: Suggestion about the Lemon/Olive Oil Drink posted by A Friend on Mon – Nov 6 – 08:33am:

PS I'd consider taking half the drink upon arising — as the body naturally detoxes during the night, and drinking the drink in the morning should assist with the toxins elimination.

And at night at bedtime, it might assist with the body's ability to better detox during the night.
    AF

Here is a post from the archives from Lynnie:

Posted by lynnie_sydney PRA/AP 4yrs on Fri – Sep 14 – 03:55am:

Just wondered if the really well informed folks on this Board know why the Lemon/Olive Oil drink promotes good sleep. I have now taken 3 times – and each time had the deepest, most refreshing sleep ever and woken with really good energy – and I have been a light, restless sleeper from way back. I just dont understand the science of this aspect. Also is there any problem with drinking it every night?
    PS I dont add any sweetner or juice, just a cup of pH balanced, still mineralised water. And it tastes just fine to me. 🙂

Hope this information is helpful!

PS-Randy, I sent you a PM on the SD Board!

Cheryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ it's me again’ is closed to new replies.