Home Forums General Discussion It's been One week on Minocin now……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rebeccaavazian
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

It's rebecca again (dx scleroderma) …It's been one complete week on Minocin for me. I started on Wednesday, 30th, my protocol is M-W-F 100mg in the morning and evening. So I took my first dose on Wednesday morning, I felt ok, took my next one at 6ish felt ok and then thursday is my off day but i felt like “Hey, I didnt hurt as much getting out of bed” and througout the day I felt like I was having a little bit of pain relief and then Friday came and I took my Minocin in the morning and in the evening like Im supposed to and I felt pretty decent all day then Saturday came and I was feeling less on my normal pain so I thought wow this stuff is GREAT! BUT SUNDAY CAME….and I woke up in so much pain in my joints and I could barely move to get out of bed, my elbows hurt as If I were in a midnight brawl or something! My knees hurt, my fingers hurt, my back, my skin tightened up it hurt so bad, it felt like all my pains all at once!

So my question is WHAT HAPPENED? Did I forget that soon how much pain I was in before that when I got a little relief that I forgot? Or is the Herx everyone talks about? Or is my dose too low?

After Sunday 🙁 … came Monday and I couldnt wait to take my minocin in the morning so I took it as early as i could Monday morning and I sat and waited and waited then finally I got some relief and I've been ok all week but Im scared again because SUNDAY is coming again….what do I do and is this normal?

Rebecca

krazykrow
    Participant

sounds herxy to me….you will learn this in time to decipher yourself…and remember a

Herx is a good thing. Jon

Kim
    Participant

Hey Rebecca,

Glad you're seeing some relief (sort of) so soon.  Even some of the old-timers in remission will have a super achy day they just can't explain.  Could you possibly blame this one on a weather change?

You may have to tinker with your dose and see what's going to work best for you.  Good luck to you…….kim

p.s. herxes are our friends!!! 😛

rebeccaavazian
    Participant

thank you  for the response but geeees it's not fun.

John McDonald
    Participant

Rebecca – why not switch to alternate day dosing instead of MWF dosing. It sounds as if you are killing just a few too many bacteria with the low serum levels on Sunday. So consider QOD dosing instead until someday when you feel more confident about that 2nd day off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ It's been One week on Minocin now……..’ is closed to new replies.