Home Forums General Discussion Itching

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JeannetteO
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some advice on what to use for the severe itching I have pretty much everywhere on my body.  I've tried Aveeno Anti-Itch Concentrated lotion, Band-aid Anti-itch Gel, Caladryl Clear Itch Relief, Benadryl,  and Maalox (I read on some post that it helps with itching).  I'm not really sure what else to try and the itching is driving me nuts!  Thanks for all your help!

– Jeannette

Kim
    Participant

Hey Jeannette,

The itching is maddening. :doh:  For me, the worst itching is herx related (a good thing), but backing off of the abx for a while has helped.  The Aveeno lotion is the one I use and works about as well as anything else for me.  I avoid anything scented.

Take care…..kim

JOJO19551
    Participant

Jeanette, Fortunately I do not have itching with my scleroderma; however, I am in a support group and 5 ladies have the itching.  They use benadryl.  I would try soaking in epsom salts before using benadryl.  Best of luck, Jo'Ann

Little Red
    Participant

I understand about the itch,:headbang: I use benadryl on the out side and use oatmeal bath,:? also take 1 benadryl at night so can sleep.:)
    Hope this helps
     Little Red

tainabell
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you're itchy, Jeanette.  I have hives so I can sympathize.  All the remedies you're trying now are pretty much the standard things. You can also try zyrtec or allegra (both available OTC) for anti-histamines.  Or (don't know how this interacts with AP) go to your dermatologist and ask for a topical steroid…that might work. 

Hope you are feeling better soon.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Kim and all,

Recently I am also getting very very itchy skin. Prior to AP, I had very oily skin, after 10 months on AP, it's gone but I got very itchy skin. I thought it was due to DRY SKIN now, so I put more of body oil, it helps.

Kim,

Do people on AP get itchy skin or this is part of SD symptoms?

:JB

Parisa
    Participant

If you get really bad and are ready to go crazy, try making a paste out of baking soda and water.  Smooth it on and leave it on for while.  It's nice and cool and will ease the itch for a while

Kim
    Participant

[user=266]JBJBJB[/user] wrote:

Kim,

Do people on AP get itchy skin or this is part of SD symptoms?

:JB

My guess would be it's a little worse for SD people with skin issues, although herxing alone can get real itchy.  This cold, dry air sure doesn't help either.

JeffN
    Participant

Before mino my itching was mostly everywhere. After starting mino I did get some herxing, hive like itchie areas but those were localized. I too used to take a tylenol simply sleep or a benedrill (sp?) before bed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ Itching’ is closed to new replies.