Home Forums General Discussion It seems I'm back to square one

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stephinpgh
    Participant

I started AP seven years ago for RA; PCP has been writing mincocin prescription; my guidelines have been this board, and the book, which actually I gave away 3 years ago.  I had one hellish year and then minocin kicked in and I started feeling reasonably well; flare-ups have been mild and tolerable.  When minocin became unaffordable, I started ordering it from Canada. I have talked up AP for years because it's worked for me, until now.  Mild flare that started late in Sept became severe in Jan and has stayed that way.  I have pain in joints that I didn't even know existed; the inflammation never stops. Things I have done for relief: OTC NSAID (alleve) for a month, one or two a day, did nothing for the inflammation; focused on healthier diet, no sugar/no aspertame in Feb, did nothing for the inflammation (but I have kept on diet); I stopped pulse dosing the 200 mg, and started taking 100 mg Mon thru Sat; no change.  Three weeks ago I made appt with homeopathic chiropractor in pgh; he sent me home with new supplements I was not previously taking (fish oil capsules, inflavonoid, oil of oregano, hyaluronic acid);  I am taking all as prescribed; once a week I am getting a treatment there that he calls “trigger point muscle therapy”; he says this is taught to physical therapists in many schools; the idea is to release pain; except that I'm still in pain, with lots of inflammation.  The supplements he gave me were for the inflammation.  He said maybe in a few weeks he will test for food allergies.  I'm sure he thinks I am being impatient, but I am scared of what damage this inflammation is doing to my joints.  Could someone recommend an AP doctor in Pgh, Pa, please.   Maybe I need to change antibiotics; I think my PCP would order whichever one I wanted, but I don't know which one to switch to.  I probably should have gone to AP doctor a long time ago……I am very sorry for the length of this post, but am just hoping for encouraging words and name of AP doctor.  Thank you!

Jennhere
    Participant

I have nothing to offer except my encouragement to hang in there.  I don't know what's going wrong for you, but I hope someone here can chime in with some help. 

Jenn

Terri9967
    Participant

I am schedualed to see a SD doc at UPMC, if you would like the info just send me a pm.  Im in Erie, PA and have an appt schedualled for June, but with lung and now kidney involvement I have been actively trying to get appts sooner, I have called all over the country to find a doc that doesnt have months and months of a wait to get in.  Best I could do was May 12th with a Doc in Philly.  I am keeping my appt with SD doc in Pittsburgh for the 6th of June as well.  Let me know if you would like the info I have found.  Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugssss

Terri

stephinpgh
    Participant

hey Terry, thanks for response; I think maybe SD and RA treatments can differ alot(?) It's a shame you have to travel so far for drs; I live in the city, and there seems to be something affiliated with upmc on every block, I swear.  Hope all goes well with your appt.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=327]stephinpgh[/user] wrote:

I am very sorry for the length of this post, but am just hoping for encouraging words and name of AP doctor.  Thank you!

Hi Stephinpgh,

If you go to this link and post a request, Diane will send you a list of AP docs nearest you. You could also ask for a listing of the most experienced AP docs and ones who do IVs, if you're willing to travel.

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=54&forum_id=1

An experienced AP doc should be able to get you back on track….he/she might even suggest that it's time to do a rotation, change up your protocol to something new for a bit, or add something to the current mix. 😉 

Wishing you the best!

Peace, Maz

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ It seems I'm back to square one’ is closed to new replies.