Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    roy
    Participant

I was diagnosed with r.a. about 7 years ago just after I had a nasty virus. Until last April I had very few problems, just an ache here and there for a day or two. Last year while on holiday in Bulgaria I got pneumonia – walking around not even knowing I had pneumonia until I just about collapsed. Since then my r.a. has been horrendous. I gave in to my rheumy and went on methatraxate and when that nearly killed me, and also had little effect on my r.a., went on to arava, with the same severe side effects as the methatraxate. Then was suggested I go onto Enbrel which I said NO to. Read Dr. Brown’s book – brought tears to my eyes – felt like it had been written about me. My doc and rheumy are supporting me on the antibiotic treatment. I have only been on the treatment for a month and I cannot describe the difference. I am also on a raw food diet, no processed food, no dairy. no cooked food and taking a very good probiotic and a product called Barley Life (not very nice to drink). I also have a glass of carrot juice daily which I juice myself. Weaning off prednisolone – down to 4mg a day – will be off totally by April. My pain is now manageable, energey levels much higher, clear head, physically more active and better mobility. It seems a very quick improvement in my r.a. and I hope it lasts – don’t even have to take painkillers. A massive thankyou to Dr. Thomas Brown – I now have my life back after reading his brilliant book.
    Roy (Australia)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Personal History and Progress Threads’ is closed to new topics and replies.