Home Forums General Discussion interesting reading

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kathygirl
    Participant

This is a link to a article about the use of AP for arthritis.

http://www.drmirkin.com/joints/J106.htm

Davit
    Participant

Can't say as I agree with this doc.

JBJBJB
    Participant

Very interesting reading

Quoted from the link provided above by Kathy, I like what he said about this.

“Normal intestines do not permit E. Coli to get into your bloodstream. Some people who get reactive arthritis may have intestines that allow E. coli to pass into the bloodstream and cause the immune reaction that destroys muscles and joints. The same type of reaction applies to several other bacteria and viruses that can pass into your bloodstream (15A). Venereal diseases, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia and ureaplasma have been found in the joint fluids of many people with arthritis (16). People with reactive arthritis are more likely to have staph aureus in their noses (17) and carry higher antibody titer against that germ (18). Many people with reactive arthritis have had chronic lung infections, caused by mycoplasma and chlamydia, prior to getting joint pains(20,21). Mycoplasma has been found in joint fluid of people with arthritis (28,29). “

He also said,

“I treat my reactive arthritis patients with Minocycline 100 mg twice a day, (sometimes azithromycin 500 mg twice a week), but this must still be considered experimental because most doctors are not yet ready to accept antibiotics as a treatment. There is also possibility of a rare serious side effect of lupus. Many patients do not feel better for the first few weeks after they start taking minocycline. If a patient does nor feel better after taking 100 mg of minocycline twice day for 2 months, I add Zithromax 500 mg twice a week. If the patient does not feel better after taking the two antibiotics for 6 months, I do add the immune suppressants that most rheumatologists prescribe. But as soon as they feel better, I stop the immune supppressants and continue the antibiotics.”

Thanks for the article.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ interesting reading’ is closed to new replies.