Home Forums General Discussion Interesting Article about disease caused by GMO Foods

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Maz.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Donna RA
    Participant

[/color]

Is New Terrifying Disease the Cause of Genetically Modified Foods?

Have you ever heard of “Morgellon?s Disease?”

As of February 2007, more than 10,000 reports of the mysterious disease have been reported on the Morgellon Foundation's website. That?s up from 2,000 reports in February of 2006.

Reports come from 15 nations across the world, including Canada, the UK, Australia and The Netherlands, as well as all 50 U.S. states. The majority of reports have come from Texas, California and Florida.

People with Morgellon?s disease describe it as a feeling of bugs or parasites scuttling around beneath their skin, accompanied by open lesions that heal slowly and ooze out blue, black or white fibers that can be several millimeters long. These fibers appear like pliable plastic. They can be as fine as spider silk, yet they are strong enough to distend the skin when pulled and elicit shooting pains when you try to remove them.

The CDC, unusually slow to respond to what can only be described as a new outbreak, has finally set up a web page about the phenomenon, which they refer to as “Unexplained Dermopathy.” In August 2007 — a year after vowing to look into the terrifying disorder — they gave $300,000 to Kaiser Permanente to investigate the disease.

The CDC?s website lists additional symptoms, including fatigue, mental confusion, short term memory loss, joint pain, changes in vision, and social dysfunction, including suicide.

According to an article in Natural News, published last week, Morgellon?s disease may be linked to genetically modified food.

While the CDC dragged its feet, a research team from Oklahoma State University lead by Dr. Randy Wymore, studied some of the fibers sent to them by Morgellons patients. They found that the fibers from different people look remarkably similar to each other, yet do not match any common environmental fibers.

Vitaly Citovsky, Professor of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at Stony Brook University in New York, discovered that the fibers contain the substance Agrobacterium, a genus of gram-negative bacteria capable of genetically transforming not only plants, but also other eukaryotic species, including human cells.

Are we now teetering on the brink of the GM food disaster we feared from the very beginning?

Information is Power, so Power Up!

If you aren't convinced this is an important issue for you, your children, and your grandchildren, then do yourself a favor and find some free time to review the evidence, starting with the related articles listed at the end.

You can also search my site by entering “Monsanto” into the search box. I have over 300 pages on this topic alone!

To further guide you in understanding the problems associated with GM foods, I strongly recommend reading the incredible series Seeds of Doubt, written by staffers at the Sacramento Bee.

And, last but not least, I urge everyone to watch the video The Future of Food. Forward the link to this video widely among your friends, family and acquaintances. This in-depth investigation into the disturbing truth behind genetically modified foods is one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. It will help you understand how and why the genetic engineering we allow to be unleashed today is a very real threat to ALL future generations.

How to Avoid GM Foods

Many of you probably don't understand just how ubiquitous GM foods are in the food chain.

The fact is that genetically modified foods are so prevalent in the United States that if you randomly pick an item off your grocery store's shelves, you have a 75 percent chance of picking a food with GM ingredients. This is because at least seven out of every 10 items have been genetically modified.

The True Food Shopping Guide is a great tool for helping you determine which brands and products contain GMO ingredients. It lists 20 different food categories that include everything from baby food to chocolate.

Here are four simple steps to decrease your consumption of GM foods as much as possible:

Reduce or eliminate processed foods in your diet. The fact that 75 percent of processed foods contain GM ingredients is only one of the many reasons to stick to a whole foods diet.

Read produce and food labels. Conventionally raised soybeans and corn make up the largest portion of genetically modified crops. Ingredients made from these foods include high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), corn flour and meal, dextrin, starch, soy sauce, margarine, and tofu.

Buy organic produce. By definition, food that is certified organic must be free from all GM organisms, produced without artificial pesticides and fertilizers and from an animal reared without the routine use of antibiotics, growth promoters or other drugs. Additionally, grass-fed beef will not have been fed GM corn feed.

Look at produce stickers. The PLU code on stickers for conventionally grown fruit consists of four numbers, organically grown fruit has five numbers prefaced by the number nine, and GM fruit has five numbers prefaced by the number eight.

Jennhere
    Participant

Yes, this is very alarming.  Want to hear something equally disturbing??  Vanity Fair just did an earth day magazine and in it they have an article about Monsanto (the gm king) and tell how Monsanto doesn't allow any GM foods to be served in their cafeterias!!!!  Could they know something they're not telling the “American Consumer”?  *btw- I'm on a mission to rid myself of that offensive term.  I tell people we're not American Consumers… we're American Citizens.  If we had the right mind-set, we might start doing something about the abuses we put up with in the name of corporate profits.

Jenn

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

Here's something interesting about Morgellon's, as mentioned on the Morgellon Foundation website in their FAQ section:

“Is there a cure?

Most Morgellons patients, if found positive for Chlamydophila pneumonia, a Babesia species or a Borrelia species pathogenic to humans and given appropriate antibiotics long enough, resolve most symptoms. Research and clinical experience are still too early, and numbers treated too few as yet, to know whether present treatment success will mean total, once-and-for-all cure. Many Morgellons patients are improving significantly.”

I'd read a bit about Morgellon's and it's possible link to Lyme Disease and related coinfections a while back. Seems the connection is still being made. Another interesting thing the site notes is that cases were being documented as far back as the 1600s…long before GMO foods were conceived.

My own 'suspicion' about this disease, based on this info, is that it's likely another strain of stealth pathogen, as it seems to have a proclivity for collagen tissues…skin and joints, especially as it seems to respond if sufferers are “given appropriate antibiotics long enough.”

Such a strange and troubling disease. Thanks for sharing.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Interesting Article about disease caused by GMO Foods’ is closed to new replies.