Home Forums General Discussion Insurance coverage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davew
    Participant

Just a quick question. I have an appt coming up and the Dr's assistant said they do not bill insurance for the treatment. I am lucky enough to have two policies and would really like to use them if possible.

Are there any Drs that will bill insurance companies or is it that the insurance companies won't recognize the treatment? Is this a wide spread issue?

Thanks,

Dave

richie
    Participant

Hi
    It is not a widespread issue at all —this is no different than any doctors visit –Some doctors take most insurances –some only a few while others dont take any insurance at all –Its the individual doctors decision
    Richie

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=664]davew[/user] wrote:

Are there any Drs that will bill insurance companies or is it that the insurance companies won't recognize the treatment? Is this a wide spread issue?

Hi Dave,

If you have PPO coverage on one or both of your policies, you should be able to get a receipt to send to your carrier with  the requisite reimbursement form. The amount a PPO carrier will reimburse depends on their policy for out of network coverage….I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield and they only cover 50% of my Lyme doc's consult bills (he doesn't take any type of insurance either), but it helps.

Holistic and alternative health care docs often work out of the insurance network schemes….likely because their treatments aren't recognized. Some allopathic docs just don't accept certain insurances for their own unique reasons, I guess.

Peace, Maz

davew
    Participant

Thanks Richie… Appreciate your response!

davew
    Participant

Hi Maz…

I also have BC/BS PPO so this should work out well. I also am covered by my military retirement coverage. Between the two it should work out well. Thanks for your response and info!

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ Insurance coverage’ is closed to new replies.