Home Forums General Discussion Infra-red saunas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    rlane19
    Participant

Can anyone tell me where I might look for an Infra-red sauna?  I would also be interested in testimonials, the cost of one, how long and often do you use it, etc.

Conniel7777
    Participant

Hi,

Here is a link to the one I have:  http://www.nationalpoolwholesalers.com/_2010_Precision_Therapy_DuoHeat_Maxx_Portable_Far_Infrared_Sauna_Extra_Large_–SKU_DUOHEAT.html

Looks like its on sale right now for $249.00, shipping included… which is great, because as I recall, I paid more than that.

Its portable. I keep mine set up in my kitchen in my apartment. Currently, I am using it 4-5 days a week ( I really want to work up to daily use.. I have just been lazy ) and I keep it at a level 3 on the heat setting ( I dont know what temperature that actually is ) and I stay in for 20 minutes at a time, and up to 25 minutes if I feel ok. ( Once I tried going to heat level 4 for 30 minutes and that was a BAD move.. came out and almost passed out! you need to start low and slow with a sauna.. no need to be a hero and over do it! )

My AP doc advised me to do 10-15 minutes 3x a week to start, but I know I can do more than that… you just have to know where to draw the line.

I cant explain exactly how, but I do feel better when I regularly use my sauna. although you dont have your head inside ( if you click the link, you will see there are openings for your head / hands to stick out ) I can tell you that the skin on my face feels less tight the more often I use the sauna. I always keep my hands in for the Raynauds.

I suspect if I used it more ( like 7 days a week ) I would see more benefits. I dont know if I have been using it long enough ( 6 mos or so? ) to see any increase / improvement in circulation / Raynauds, but again, thats my fault for not being consistent. ( also, my diet needs a drastic overhaul.. I cant expect the sauna to do all of the work when it comes to thinning my blood.. I have to eat better, too! )

Hope I have helped you some… I love my sauna and I would recommend it.

Connie   >^..^<

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Rlane,

I just got one for my 50th birthday a few weeks ago and LOVE it! Works wonders for sore joints and just found out (too late!) from my doc that most insurances are actually covering it for RA and other “AI” diseases, so worth looking into what your insurance will allow. Here is the model my hubby just bought me:

http://www.evolutionhealth.com/Infrared_Saunas/fibercarbon/infrared-sauna-1personCarbon.html

Very easy to assemble with two people (took about 2 hours), as the panels just get lifted and clicked into place. The carbon panel heaters are also said to be more efficient than ceramic heaters, as they heat up faster, provide more diffuse heat and use less electricity. Very important to find a model that doesn't use any toxic glues.

As Connie said, you can get much smaller, more portable models, too, if space/cost is an issue. So there are ways to do this that are very easy on the pocket and easy to store.

My doc was very encouraging about getting one and said the health benefits are fantastic….like doing a cardio-vascular workout, without having to exercise (though obviously, if you can exercise, it's good to do that, too). The health benefits are extraordinary…he said some folk were even finding skin cancer was reversing. My daughter is using it for her acne and we all are using it for any aches and pains.

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,

Happy belated Birthday to you and many more (till you 104). I know you had company so I presume you had lots of fun and a good get-together.

rlane,

I bought one of the smaller ones that you sit in and your had is outside. I use mine three times a week right now and have not gone past 25 minutes. I finally starting to sweat, took a couple of months:roll-laugh::roll-laugh:. I think it is helping me.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

Conniel7777
    Participant

Maz,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I didnt know you were turning the big 5-0.. may I look HALF as good as you do at 50 and I will be thrilled!

As for the benefits of the sauna… tell me more!?!  what is this about it being like a cardio workout? how so? I mean, how does it compare, etc?? I did not know this and would be very interested to know more… ( I know, I still have to exercise, unfortunately! I ordered a recumbent bike from Amazon and its on its way.. but still…)

Do tell what you know! 

Connie   >^..^<

Kim
    Participant

Mine is a Saunex (http://www.saunex.com) and I love it.

Check out e-bay too, they always have a bunch.

Take care…..kim

Mumof3
    Participant

I love infrared saunas. I used to use a portable one at a chiropractor's office a few times a week. It heated up very quickly and I really sweat a lot. I now have a wooden structure in my basement. It takes longer to warm up (and so do I) so I have to stay in it longer. Both have helped me tremendously with muscle pain. It is also great for detox. I highly recommend it.

MAZ – Happy 50th! Hope you had a great birthday! I didn't know you were 50. You look fantastic!

MMW
    Participant

Hi rlane19,

Okay  I am excited.  I just purchased one too, yesterday.   It arrives next week.  I spent a long time researching.   Maz is right.   The carbon technolgy emitters are better than the ceramic.    They have more surface area coverage.

I almost got mine at wall mart online but than came across the ones below that seem to be of better quality.   So …I feel quilty, a bit, at spending so much for one. 

This site goes into great detail about the benefits, Connie, and I learned so much about the infrared, that I just justified the expense as a life long investment.

http://www.eastcoastsaunas.com/saunas.asp

West coast saunas is the same owners.  I got mine from Jim at http://www.sunlifesaunas.com/

He is connected to the west and east coast company and started his business with them.   He is a distributer and the others are the actual owners.

If you do decide to go with him, could you please tell him I referred you.   That is Marianne from Utah who just bought one from him.   I will get credit. 

If you do decide you want to buy those, they just sold 40 of them and are out.   They have 300 more on order.  They go fast.   I was so disappointed when I finally made my decision that I wanted this particular brand.   Jim, however, found one for me …through a connection.  
    So I don't have to wait 4-8 wks.   He also has one left(wrong color for me) and his connection has another one(wrong size for me).  I got the smaller one I wanted Hemlock Malibu.

Hope this helps.

Can't wait to use mine.

MMW

MMW
    Participant
    Kim
    Participant

Would love to hear how you get along with your sauna, MMW.  Remember, start low and slow because in addition to moving out toxins it is also moving out drugs that have been stored in your body too.

Take care……kim

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Rlane and everyone,

Have you got your sauna yet? They are just awesome. I have SD, about 4 months into AP and have had my sauna for a couple of months. It has proved to be very effective as part of my treatment regime and I find that I can stretch the scar tissue from the SD easier while I'm warm and in the sauna. My Raynauds is still a problem and my blood work is out of whack, but I feel that the sauna is slowly helping circulation. The weather here in Perth has cooled off at last, so it has become much more pleasant to jump on into the sauna. I'll have a sauna most days, and stay in for about 30 – 40 mins.

All the best with your sorting out your sauna.

Wayne

Systemic Sclerosis....rapid onset 2010.
    Started AP January 2011.
    Multiple meds during treatment, including IV Clindamycin every 2 months for 5 days.
    Now.....disease in remission....meds: Mimomycin, Clindamycin IM 3 monthly,
    5 days Azithromycin 6 monthly.
    Very well now....enjoying life.

MMW
    Participant

Hello Sauna Users!

Just wondering  what protocals you are using before and after the sauna.

I was reading “Detox or Die”, which has a great couple of chapters on how to use the Sauna most effectively for detoxification.

There is a pre sauna recommendations involving vasodialation, minerals and enzymes and there is a detox cocktail to take after involving amino acids and more minerals.  Then up to 22 hrs later it recommends supplements.

There is also a list of emergency items that the author says one MUST have if you are a sauna user….like tri salts in case you get sick.

Thanks Kim,  yes the book says start slow.   Be real in tune to your body during and after.  Use lower heat  maybe 100 to 110 for infrared sauna and start 10-15 min if you need heavy detoxing.   The goal is to work up to one hour a day VERY SLOWLY.

MMW

Kim
    Participant

Wayne,

I'm so excited you're seeing some benefits from the sauna.  Saunas should be mandatory treatment for anyone with SD. :roll-laugh:

Are you taking systemic enzymes, like Neprinol (Serrakor NK)?  The combination of sauna and enzymes is fantastic for thinning blood to improve circulation.  I bet before long you won't even remember you had Raynaud's. 😉

Take care…..kim

Wayne
    Participant

G'day Kim,

These saunas are great aren't they and it would be good if all SD sufferers could have one. The tissue penetrating heat seems to be just what the Dr ordered for the circulatory perfusion issues of SD. I have learnt so much from the road back site and did notice that Serrakor NK would be a good enzyme to take. We have to order it direct from the states and is quite expensive to land here, but I think it is worth while. I'm due to get some more on it's way soon. My SD is still progressing :headbang:, but at a much reduced rate and is not scaring the living day lights out of us now. I will travel back to Victoria to see Dr D soon, who see's alot of patients in Aust and after speaking to her on the phone this week she is planing to introduce some oral Clindy which I think is needed. Might even need another week of IV Clindy at some time. You can't help but just hate SD and I'll be fighting it all the way into remission. I cant wait to beat the sucker.

Thanks for all your input into the road back site as it is a blessing to so many who quietly read posts and apply information into there own treatment. Awesome job done by all you guys:roll-laugh:. Good on ya Kim. 

Kind Regards Wayne

Systemic Sclerosis....rapid onset 2010.
    Started AP January 2011.
    Multiple meds during treatment, including IV Clindamycin every 2 months for 5 days.
    Now.....disease in remission....meds: Mimomycin, Clindamycin IM 3 monthly,
    5 days Azithromycin 6 monthly.
    Very well now....enjoying life.

Kim
    Participant

G'day to you too, Wayne, and thank you for your kind words. 

I'm sure I speak for all of the volunteers that we walk around with big smiles on our faces when we read about someone getting their life back. 😀

Just a word of caution with the oral Clindy, it can be really hard on your gut.  If you have a choice, you may want to stick with the Clindy IVs. 😕

Take care and looking forward to more updates…..kim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘ Infra-red saunas’ is closed to new replies.