Home Forums General Discussion Infra Red Lamps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrendanG
    Participant

Anyone used or know of value of inrared lamps in killing mycoplasma?

Cheryl F
    Keymaster

Brendan,

The AP rheumy who recommended we purchase an infrared sauna, first recommended the lamps. We got two from the hardware store, about $15 each. Some of his patients even used these in a small closet to creat a sauna, inexpensive and convenient.

Use enough to make you sweat!

Cheryl

casey
    Participant

I think it was Mercola who had something on his site about making your own sauna with infrared lamps. I do have it somewhere but have to find it.I had an interest in making our own if it could be done because we have the infrared heat lamps in our barns for young animals. Since i wasnt sure about the effects of saunas and lupus , we havent built one yet.

If you do use them , could you leave an update on this???

Thanks,

casey

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1234]BrendanG[/user] wrote:

Anyone used or know of value of inrared lamps in killing mycoplasma?

Brendan–
    This is a copy of a previous post:

My husband ended up building an Infrared Sauna Electrical Unit according to Dr. Wilson's plans which uses infrared lamps:

http://drlwilson.com/SAUNAS/SAUNA%20PLANS.htm

It is very, very basic–material list less than $75.  I have it hanging on a towel bar in my bathtub in front of a rotating chair.  So far I'm not preheating and working up a sweat–I'm mainly using it as heat lamp therapy.  It feels wonderful, but does stir things up and I do herx.  Can't imagine what will happen when I really heat things up.

Here is some information about the benefits:

http://www.cedarbrooksauna.com/store/infrared-light-therapy-tent.html

Here is what a “fancy” unit looks like; mine is very basic, just like the one in Dr. Wilson's plans:

http://www.cedarbrooksauna.com/store/sauna-4×4-modular-sauna-with-infrared-light-heater.html

Good luck–

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Todd WI
    Participant

Has anyone done any research into whether the ceramic heaters or the lamps are better?  I seem to recall claims that one or the other created a light spectrum that was better at penetrating deeper.

BrendanG
    Participant

hi trudi

I believe that the ceramic lamps are not recommended

Trudi
    Participant

[user=1234]BrendanG[/user] wrote:

hi trudi

I believe that the ceramic lamps are not recommended

Hi Brendan–

The only “risk” I encountered when researching saunas, is the electromagnetic fields.  Kim's sauna from Saunex seems to have the least.  According to Dr. Wilson's book, Sauna Therapy, pg. 99, “Far infrared saunas can produce significant disruptive EM fields; Infrared lamp saunas produce no detectable EM fields.”

http://saunex.com/why_saunex.htm

Q? Why choose a Saunex far-infrared sauna cabinet?
    There are several important reasons for choosing a Saunex Sauna. The first is the benefits of far-infrared heating and the added technology of greatly reduced EMF over other saunas on the market today. Your head being out of the cabinet is another added benefit for many people, as well as the portability and ease of cleaning. Reasonably priced, it is an asset to any health conscious person.

Q? What is EMF, and how has Saunex trumped the competition regarding it?
    Electromagnetic fields (EMF) are produced by electrical currents running through wires in buildings and circuits in appliances. Saunex patented EMF-reduction technology reduces EMF coming from the heaters by 95%. In addition, we install a high grade EMF shield around the electronic controller to reduce EMF from that source.

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Infra Red Lamps’ is closed to new replies.