Home Forums General Discussion inaccurate vitamin D testing by Quest Lab

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Starr
    Participant

Quest Labs has announced that there was an error in their test results.  If Quest did your D test recently, they will redo it for free.  Your physician who ordered the test for you should be informed of the details.  Here is a summary from the IHT:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/07/business/08labtest.php

Tiff
    Participant

Starr, thanks for posting this.  I just had my blood drawn last week, the labs included a complete D panel yet again.  I'll be sure to bring this up!  Thanks.

jaminhealth
    Participant

I know of this Quest issue BUT my doc sent my last bloodwork to Medical Clinical Lab here in Santa Monica and they errored on their test also.   She had to have it re-done at Speciality Labs in Valencia, CA.   What had to be done was the first lab sent the remainder of my blood to Speciality to have the test re-done.  Labs keep “left over”  blood for one month the doc told me.

My thinking is that so many are now becoming aware of this deficiency and more and more labs are getting this request. 

Quest I would think should know how to do the Vit D test though.   jam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ inaccurate vitamin D testing by Quest Lab’ is closed to new replies.