Home Forums General Discussion Impax Brand Mynocycline?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi,

Still using doxy as not been able to get hold of Minocin/mynocycline yet.

Here in Dubai I found only one place that sells Minocycline – American Hospital of Dubai. But they do only the generic form by Impax, 100 mg, in capsules. It's also pricey USD 86.00/100 caps. not sure if all generics are also expensive? it's twice cheaper that Minocin but isn't USD 86 still too much for a generic? Maybe it's a sign it's a good replacement for brand Minocin? I have seen all the links of Minocin and generics provided in posts here but nowhere any mention of Impax? Anybody heard of it/used it? Results?

I'd appreciate any info! Thanks!

Aynur

PS: My SD is now going to be covered by insurance my company provides! Yepee! I had 1 month dispute with our company's HR Med Benefits department but I won it – all my SD related expeses will be covered (apart from supplements and holistic treatments) and I am now trying to get them pay for my Minocin as well! Wish me good luck! Lucky so far though!

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Aynur – it would seem that this is generally marketed as an acne drug – which means it's priced high (same in U.S.). Here's a link to a 2009 Press Release about it. Lynnie

http://genericspatent.blogspot.com/2009/02/impax-receives-final-fda-approval-for.html

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Dan_M
    Participant

[user=2351]aynurrzepa[/user] wrote:

PS: My SD is now going to be covered by insurance my company provides! Yepee! I had 1 month dispute with our company's HR Med Benefits department but I won it – all my SD related expeses will be covered (apart from supplements and holistic treatments) and I am now trying to get them pay for my Minocin as well! Wish me good luck! Lucky so far though!

That's fantastic about the insurance.:cool: Good luck with the Minocin. Hopefully they'll cover that too.

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

Yeah I read that one – it was the first thing I found on the web today trying to find out about Impax. I also later realised that my Vybramicin/doxy costs the same as Impax, in fact about $5-7 dearer. It's the Minocin which is really expensive, twice the price of doxy or Impax.

But how about Impax being a good replacement for Minocin by Seifel/Wyath or not? Where can I find it out?

I hope somebody here came across it/used it successfully and can tell me about it. Becasue if not I am not going to settle for it and will have to fight my battle with my Med Benefits to get them cover the cost of Minocin which I cannot buy in Dubai so will have to buy online.

They told me today they will only cover for the cost of whatever equivalent is available in Dubai, i.e. doxy or Impax. That will pay for only 1/2 the Minocin. I really want to use Minocin so will have to try to persuade them to pay for it! I already got my physician to write a report saying Minocin is THE preferred drug for me and doxy can be used only when Mino is not available. Doxy was mentioned to enable me to buy and start using it until I get my Minocin. I hope that will do it as normally they don't question doctors. If not, well I guess I will have to pay for 50% of the bill, no problem!

aynurrzepa
    Participant

[user=1465]Dan_M[/user] wrote:

That's fantastic about the insurance.:cool: Good luck with the Minocin. Hopefully they'll cover that too.

Hi Dan, thanks. Yes, I am doing all I can to achieve that. It will be one small victory for those who defend the AP and mycoplasma theory, it's a matter of principle here 😉

Maz
    Keymaster

But how about Impax being a good replacement for Minocin by Seifel/Wyath or not? Where can I find it out?

Hi Aynur,

Why not send Dr. S. an email and ask him about this particular generic and what he thinks? Often the clinchers with generics are where they are manufactured, bio-equivalence issues and also what types of dyes and fillers are used in their manufacture.

All the best in your searches!

Peace, Maz

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Good idea, Maz – will do! Thanks!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Aynur,

Here is some information on the generic minocycline you asked about:
    http://www.globalphar.com/PRD_Minocycline.html
    http://www.globalphar.com/PI/PI_Minocycline%20Hydrochloride.pdf

Global Pharmaceuticals is a division of Impax Laboratories. Impax sells their generic drugs through Global Pharmaceuticals.

Member pattylu has been taking that brand of minocycline:
    My continuing battle to defeat RA

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ Impax Brand Mynocycline?’ is closed to new replies.