Home Forums General Discussion Immune Balance-Fermented Wheat Germ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stwig
    Participant

Last month when I had my appointment with Dr. F he recommended that I add a daily supplement that is called Immune Balance. It is a fermented wheat germ extract made by Avemar. I got some and have been taking it for about 3 weeks, and I cannot say that I can feel any difference. It is pretty expensive and tastes absolutely horrific. I am wondering if anybody has experience with this, and when they felt like it made an impact.

Thanks,
    Starla

mschmidt
    Participant

I saw Dr. F as well, and started on Avemar a month ago.  As he said, it takes about 6 months to notice anything so, you're still very early in the process.  It is outrageously expensive but, the research behind it, and the studies done on it are quite remarkable.  You should google avemar and read up on what's been done.  Also, you can order it online for cheaper than what you pay at his office.  I ordered my second month from webvitamins.com for $148.00 per case–free shipping.  It's the exact same stuff, as Avemar is trademarked, and distributed to the U.S. by American Bioscience out of New Jersey.  I don't think it tastes terrible, as long as it's mixed with COLD water.  I use a kerr jar (small canning jar) because it's easier to shake it and dilute it fully.  What else did Dr. F put you on?

Maria

stwig
    Participant

Hi Maria,
    He put me on Oxygenics (to help me detox easier), Pain Free (a natural supplement with precursor of aspirin), Joint Ease (for the osteoarthritis in my right knee), and Kaiprex AI (also to help boost my immune system).

He was concerned when my blood work showed that I did not have any IgM antibodies, so that is the reason for both the Kaiprex and Immune Balance. I did not recall him saying that it would take 6 months for the Avemar to work. So I guess this is another place where I just have to find patience and faith. I have read up on some of the results with this product in cancer studies, and yes it does sound impressive.

Sounds like you started taking it about the same time as I did. Is this the only additional supplement he has you taking? Keep in touch and let me know if you start to notice results in the coming months.

Thanks for the tip on the alternative place to buy it.
    Have a great weekend,
    Starla

patchoulee
    Participant

Can I ask you both a question do you have to keep your immune balance in the fridge? I read that somewhere and my concern with my wanting to take this is I am in CDA and I am worried that it will not keep for the travel if I order it from the US..

Angela

stwig
    Participant

Hi Angela,
    The assistant at doctor F's office said that it should be stored in a cool place for long term storage, but that it was not a problem for it to be at room temperature for a while. Based on her answer, I do not think that shipping would be a problem.

Maria said that she had some shipped to her.  I wonder if they shipped it on blue ice or just room temp??

Starla

mschmidt
    Participant

Hi Starla!

My IgM or IgA was low as well so, he wanted to boost my immune system.  I really like that his ultimate goal is to get my immune system to help itself. Besides the Avemar, I'm also on CoQ10 enzyme, Metagenics IB Probiotic, DHEA, and Fish Oil supplements.  I take Vit D, Magnesium, Zinc, Protonix (for acid reflux) and prescription Vitamin B. No pain meds, not even tylenol, and I've been sucking it up for the last 6 months–not sure if that's a good thing or pure insanity.  😀

Yes, you need to committ 6 months to see if it's working.  You can also order 3 months supply for under $500 from the same website.  Every little bit of savings adds up, especially when you have to shell out so much money to get better.  Dr. F's office insists on shipping it FedEx overnight on ice because of its' perishability but, I contacted the manufacturer directly, and it can be stored up to 80 degrees F.  So, the distributors do UPS or FedEx guaranteed 2 day delivery on ice.  Mine showed up in 2 days, and it was still cool.  The company will refund your purchase if it shows up later or is bad. 

Angela-

If you order from the distributors, they will ship it to you in 2 days, or at least they do that in the U.S. free of charge.  They may charge for shipping outside the U.S.  I would go to webvitamins.com and find out.  Actually, I wonder if you can go to Avemar's website directly to see if they distribute in Canada–I believe they do.  I can't imagine them not having a distributor in Canada.  Make sure that you are tested for wheat intolerance before starting it, since it's fermented wheat germ.

What's amazing about the studies done on it is that in cancer, it stimulates the immune system to help fight the cancer, and in autoimmune diseases, it suppresses the “overactive” immune system, to help calm down the disease process and let the body's own T-cells fight and strengthen the immune system.  There's a lot of research behind this product, and I feel comforted by the fact that the U.S. has started to wake up to this product, and start doing clinical trials on it.  🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Immune Balance-Fermented Wheat Germ’ is closed to new replies.