Home Forums General Discussion I'm back from MO, w/ great news

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    suera
    Participant

Great news about the diabetes Linda! I'm hoping the other conditions reverse too. As far as weight gain reversing…ugh that never works out going down the way it did going up:?

mschmidt
    Participant

Linda,

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you–that is just wonderful–what an accomplishment:roll-laugh:

Your post made me giggle as well, which is always a good thing!

Take care,

Maria 

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Linda,My friend Dolores who used to post here and then moved on to the MP has no more diabetis.She and her doctors are totally stunned.TM had mentioned that it would go away and it did.She had had it for over 30 years.Makes you wonder if it is due to micoplasma also

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

My friend Dolores who used to post here and then moved on to the MP has no more diabetis.She and her doctors are totally stunned.TM had mentioned that it would go away and it did.She had had it for over 30 years.Makes you wonder if it is due to micoplasma also

Hi Lynne,

Just wondering, but didn't Dolores come off benicar when it was causing her to feel faint when she stood up? My memory might be off, but just seem to remember that she stopped MP about a year ago and just went on combination oral antibiotics.

http://rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1935&forum_id=1&highlight=dolores

Peace, Maz

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,
    i just read a msg from Dolores and yes she is only on the antibiotics now and feeling  well. She fell out of her hammock not to long ago and hurt her back some, she said if it isn't better soon she is going to the doctor to have her back checked out.
    I visited with her about a year and a half ago when she lived in Corpus Christi, TX.

Eva:D

P.S.
    Lynne, I didn't want to butt in, Eva

Eva Holloway

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Maz;
        She stopped the Benicar about 5-6 months ago as she thought it was giving her diarhea.It did not make her feel faint though

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=31]Lynne G./SD[/user] wrote:

She stopped the Benicar about 5-6 months ago as she thought it was giving her diarhea.It did not make her feel faint though

Gee, Lynne, you're up as late as me! 😯

Thanks to you and Eva for responding. Somewhere in the foggy depths of my addled brain, I thought I'd read on rheumatic.org that Dolores came off the benicar as her doc thought it was causing her vertigo as well as the diarrhea – non?  My memory sucks sometimes. 😉 Wouldn't one need to be on benicar in the doses prescribed by TM for it to be MP?

Peace, Maz

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Well Maz;
      I just really get to sit down around 11p.m for the news and then watch David Letterman or something equally dumb after that.Never get to bed befor 1 or 1:30.I really am a night owl and really slow to get moving in the morning.Get to the furnace around 7:30 then once the beat is fed I sit at the Table with La Presse , the Montreal Gazette and almost a pot of coffee 'til 10.Then watch me fly.  hehehe

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Maz,
    Dolores said recently that she has started to eat more rice and that helped her to loose the diarhea and her blood work is very good and she will only be taking Mino on MWF after the rest of her tests come back.
    I guess Puerto Rico is helping with the warmer climate. Oh well, I hope we get a little warm weather , not too much at one time.
    Eva:D
    World is small we get to know or even meet the same people.
    Eva:cool:

Eva Holloway

linda
    Participant

Idk, my diabetes seems to be directly related to the dosage of prednisone I'm on. 6yrs ago when I was able to get down to 5 mg I also lost weight and reversed the prediabetes condition I had at that time. When I started increasing the dose about 3.5 yrs ago the weight came back and I developed type 2 diabetes, not prediabetes. I did not know about AP 6 yrs ago when the condition reversed, and I'm not on abx now (yet), so I couldn't say that abx had anything to do with it.

Just to be clear, I still have type 2 diabetes, it's just that it's diet controlled, sort of, no more meds needed to control it. But it's really tough; I can't cheat and know that my meds will keep my glucose down, like before. I was really good at keeping my levels below 110, 100 for fasting, but I'm struggling now. It's a matter of willpower, but I've got 4 wks to figure this out before I see the endocrinologist. Some of the food I was getting by with on med is now causing spikes-mostly stuff with processed flour. I'd found a really good snack, soycrisps, but now they're off limits. I'm hoping that as I continue to lower the pred dose that my glucose will level out a bit more.

I'm hoping to be able to try AP again soon, it'll be interesting to see what happens with my glucose then. But it's difficult to say what would be causing the diabetes to continue to reverse as I hope my weight to continue to drop along with the pred dose; both the weight loss and pred decrease will affect the diabetes.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘ I'm back from MO, w/ great news’ is closed to new replies.