Home Forums General Discussion Igenex test code

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Hi,

I just got my kit from Igenex, and my traditional rheum signed this pm for me to get the testing!  Hurdle 1 surmounted!  Bless his heart, though, he didn't know which test to order. 

All I remember is I'm supposed to order a western blot.  Tomorrow I'm going to Quest for the draw, and I wanted to make sure I check the code for the right test.  I was thinking of 4090, Basic Lyme Panel, Western Blot IgG, Western Blot IgM, Lyme IFA for $260.  Does that sound right?  There is also 188, IgM Western Blot for $100 and 189 IgG Western Blot for $100. 

The code form is dated Oct 2008, so maybe the codes have been changed since the rest of you got your tests.  At any rate, if anyone can advise, that would be great. 

Thank you!

Marie

Kim
    Participant

Marie,

Good work on getting anyone to sign off on the form.;)  My understanding is that the basic Western Blot #188 and #189 are the most important (and affordable).  The co-infection tests are not that sensitive, according to my Lyme doc, so a waste of money.  Depending on what your results are, Igenex holds your blood for a period of time and you can then add on more tests (for additional $'s, obviously) using the samples they already have,  if it would make sense at that time. 

Remember, a CDC “negative” result is meaningless…….you have to get copies of the test results from your doctor and study the reading from each band to see if you hit on the lyme-specific bands.

Marie
    Participant

Thank you, Kim!  You saved me $60!  🙂

Marie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ Igenex test code’ is closed to new replies.