Home Forums General Discussion i think it stopped working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lvento27
    Participant

I've been taking mincycline 100mg daily for 5 and half months for early sclero.. i started seeing improvements within two weeks and gradually all symptoms improved since. I was feeling great for 3 months. But now I feel like it just stopped working because all the aches and some pains are back and skin burning which went away almost immediately has returned.Insomnia is back and some weakness.And my hands are getting red and swollen at times. Has this happened to anyone? Could I be getting used to this dosage? Should I consider IV's? Does anyone know of a good ap doc that does IV's in NY/NJ area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Lisa

JBJBJB
    Participant

I am really sorry to hear you are not doing well lately. I am not a doctor, but I am wondering if you have been under a lot of stress lately? Are you on 100 mg minocyclin twice daily or just 100 mg daily?

lvento27
    Participant

Hi JB
    I take 100mg daily so maybe I could increase it.I guess i've had the normal amount of stress.I did feel like I reached a plateau there for a few weeks and now I am backsliding.Could it be a herx lasting for two weeks?I don't know what to think.How are you progressing?

Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your setback.  I did IV clinda with good results.. please read my post in the Personal History and Progess forum.. Annie

lvento27
    Participant

hi Annie
    Thanks for your concern and for sharing your story.I would like to try Iv 's if I could find a reputable doctor who does them . In the meantime my doctor just increased mino dosage 50mg. Hope this will put me back on track
    I hope you continue to be well

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ i think it stopped working’ is closed to new replies.