Home Forums General Discussion I think I get it now…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Devie
    Participant

Yesterday I took my daughter to get a dress for graduation.  I was wearing my god awful flip flops with zero support.  By the time we got to the third store (try buying a dress for under $20) my feet started to hurt.  So at this store, I picked up a cheapo pair of sandles that had some support, and took some advil.  I felt better and off we went to 4 more stores and scored at this last one.  I walked and walked and walked.  Then came home, made dinner etc etc.

By the time I got in bed last night my feet were screaming.  But thats not all- I woke up in the middle of the night and everything hurt!  Bad!  My feet, hands, elbows, knees- everything- was just on fire.  And then I got it- I am having a herx!  I feel happy in a strange kind of way.  It means I am getting better but this cannot be because I walked too much because its all over.

I have been wondering and wondering about my AP/herxing etc.  I think I get it now.  Your thoughts?

Tiff
    Participant

Well, I just started the MP some weeks ago, and the same thing happened to me last night.  I took a slightly higher dose of mino that morning, and last night I hurt ALL OVER.  That is completely different than my usually palindromic pattern.  I kind of freaked out, but I think that it is a good sign, provided it doesn't go on too long or involve too much swelling.  But I am just trying to figure it out, too.

KAnderson
    Participant

Hi Tiff

Ive been advised to watch your MP progress.

Wish you well.

Karin

Tiff
    Participant

Hi Karin,

Not sure if I'm the best case study, but feel free to PM me with your situation or any questions you have.  I'm learning as I go!

Take care!

JBJBJB
    Participant

By the time I got in bed last night my feet were screaming.  But thats not all- I woke up in the middle of the night and everything hurt!  It means I am getting better but this cannot be because I walked too much because its all over.

I have been wondering and wondering about my AP/herxing etc. 

Devie

I have to add you are not alone. I had EXACTLY the same thing happened to me. I've been on minocycline for 3 weeks now. This Saturday, after cleaning up the house, I loaded/unloaded a full van of recycle stuff, a lot of lifting….. then I took my daughter to get her shoes in the mall, we were there for almost 4 hours, after I got home, I made the big dinner for every one….

At 12:00 AM, I woke up with severe pain all over my body…. my feet, every where…. were burning hurt. I could hardly lift my arms, legs…. I could hardly move…. I thought EXACTLY the same thing like you…. “Could this be herxing or I overdid it????? “

I am still in a lot of pain but today I feel a lot better. Please tell me —- my activities triggered an exaggerated herxing effect

am I correct?

Pip
    Participant

Hi gorgeous!

It's just two step forward and one back.  It could be just a lot of baddies were hit at one time.  Or you overdid it because you pushed a bit to far and aren't back to full tilt again.  Stupid diseases don't realize we have kids and have to keep moving.

Pip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ I think I get it now…’ is closed to new replies.