Home Forums General Discussion I Need Encouragement!!!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

I have been on Antibiotics approach for 4 months now and I am still hurting pretty bad. My knees hurt so bad I can hardly walk. My ankles are swoolen and sore my shoulders are so sore I cannot lift my arms over my head. Just looking for some encouragement or word of wisdom from veterans who have wengt through this. I know everybody is different but should I be hurting this long and when should I start moving in the right direction. Thanks!

Chris

APbeliever
    Participant

Did they prescribe you prednisone or anti-inflammatories as of yet? They need to prescribe them since you need to calm down your inflammation in order for AP to work. I was aching all over as well but I took prednisone and anti-inflammatories.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Chris,

I agree if all else fails, try the bad stuff just to cause a break in the inflammation.

Before you resort to steriods, try this concoction I learned from Dr. Russell Blaylock.  He is a retired neurosurgeon who now researches nutritional healing.  He says this concoction is as good as steriods without the side effects.

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)

500 mg curcumin  &  500 mg quercitin

Take this 3 x daily and let us know if it helps.

Think also about other things that can be triggering your pain and inflammation.

Other bacterias that require different medications, leaky gut from a bad diet, parasite cleanse, coffee or food sensitivities, etc.

Lots of stuff to keep you busy and your mind off your pain. (kidding on the 2nd one)

Susan

APbeliever
    Participant

Susan, 500 mg X 3 that means 1500 mgs of this stuff. Are you sure? I want to try this too and kick off Celebrex as it can lead to other problems. I tried Boswellia 3 times a day too but it is not as effective plus it gives me itches.

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Checking, checking…..

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Yes it is 3 x a day but my mgs are wrong.  250 to 500mg of curcumin and 250mg of quercitin.  Sorry.

Quoting:

A dose of curcumin of 250 to 500 mg taken 3 x a day powerfully suppresses cytokine storms and has been shown to reduce viral damage.  When combined with quercetin in a dose of 250mg 3 x a day, curcumin's effectiveness is even more powerful.  Mix the two in 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil to enhance absorption.

carries
    Participant

I take lots of fish oil, 5mg of prednisone,and plaquinil. I also take advil occasionally. This helped me!

marg
    Participant

Chris , when my adult daughter was diagnosed with RA, severe, she was prescribed MTX and took it for 3 months. It did reduce the inflammation and pain. At her 3 month Dr. appointment, she asked to try AP and her Dr. was willing, but would not let her continue the MTX ( not that she wanted to, in part as her hair was falling out).She also had a prescription painkiller which she continued ot use.

My daughter then started AP and after initially starting at a high dose, used pulsing at a reduced dose. Results were amazing! In 3 more months the only symptom she had was one swollen finger – and that cleared soon after. She no longer used painkillers. We have wondered if the MTX did in fact help the AP work.

I'm not suggesting that you take MTX but I am saying that getting the inflammation down may help the AP to be effective, also that painkillers have a place when the pain is bad.

All the best!

APbeliever
    Participant

Marg looking at your post today and noting the MTX combo with AP had work really well for me. I did not need any NSAIDs or any supplements back then to reduce my pain and inflammation.

Joe M
    Participant

[user=86]Susan Lyme/RA[/user] wrote:

Yes it is 3 x a day but my mgs are wrong.  250 to 500mg of curcumin and 250mg of quercitin.  Sorry.

Isn't giving medical advice contradictory to board policy?  Quercitin is only a supplement, but still:

from webmd
    Quercetin is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when up to 500 mg twice daily is taken by mouth for up to one month. It is not known if longer-term use or larger amounts are safe.

Quercetin can cause headache and tingling of the arms and legs. Very high doses might cause kidney damage.
    Special Precautions & Warnings: Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of quercetin during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

From vitamins.lovetoknow.com:

On the other hand, a handful of studies from reputable sources claim high doses of quercetin cause cancer. These studies found that some products contained very large amounts of the flavonoid whose potency was severely underestimated.
    Researchers found that the high concentrations of the element would actually bind with and damage chromosomes and DNA structures resulting in a cancerous mutation. High concentrations of the flavonoid also disrupted the activity of enzymes and particularly interfered with estrogen and thyroid hormones. These studies claim that there is a documented risk to young children consuming high doses of it and getting sick with a rare form of leukemia.

APbeliever
    Participant

Joe, do you have any websites or articles that talk about this product causing cancer. As far I did my research after reading your post, I did not find anything that talks about it causing cancer. In fact, all the research is supporting the use of this product. I did manage to see something about high doses causing kidney problems though they were rare in people having kidney disease already. Please look a the links below.

The American Cancer Society says that while quercetin “has been promoted as being effective against a wide variety of diseases, including cancer,” and “some early lab results appear promising, as of yet there is no reliable clinical evidence that quercetin can prevent or treat cancer in humans.” In the amounts consumed in a healthy diet, quercetin “is unlikely to cause any major problems.

http://www.raysahelian.com/quercetin.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin

Joe M
    Participant

Hi AP,

If you click on the Studies link in my post (dark blue text), you will see the studies that led to vitamin.lovetoknow.com writing the article I quoted from.  Here is the link to that article:

http://vitamins.lovetoknow.com/Quercetin_Side_Effects

Here is the link to the webmd article:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-294-QUERCETIN.aspx?activeIngredientId=294&activeIngredientName=QUERCETIN&source=2

I always suggest doing as much research as you can and getting your doctor's advice before starting a new regimen. 

Merry Christmas!
    Joe

Forum Admin
    Keymaster

I agree if all else fails, try the bad stuff just to cause a break in the inflammation.

Before you resort to steriods, try this concoction I learned from Dr. Russell Blaylock.  He is a retired neurosurgeon who now researches nutritional healing.  He says this concoction is as good as steriods without the side effects.

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)

FORUM POLICY REMINDER MESSAGE

http://rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=1801&forum_id=1

“The Road Back Bulletin Board has been set up as an open, peer-to-peer forum, in which members can freely ask questions and post their personal experiences and opinions. Specific antibiotic protocols, dietary regimes and supplements as advocated by Bulletin Board members are to be taken as personal opinion, not as medical advice or advocacy by the Foundation.” 

It is suggested that all posters post only in reference to their own experience with referenced links and books for others to research independently. It must be noted that some supplements or adjunctive therapies may interfere with some medications or medical conditions and all forum users should do due diligence and use careful discernment, discussing any supplements and adjunctive therapies mentioned here with treating physicians. 

Thank you for your continued understanding and adherance to forum guidelines.

RBF ADMIN   

APbeliever
    Participant

Susan do I take this quercitin and circumin concotion with food or without food?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ I Need Encouragement!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.