Home Forums General Discussion I know it won't last long

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Annie
    Participant

Hi everyone

Well am I p***** off.  I new over the last few months my stress levels were on the rise and about a fortnight ago the tears came and I had enough.  So did the right thing and went to my GP. Got usual blood tests taken.  Came back that my RF was the highest ever (208) The thing is I was not feeling too bad a few aches and pains but no debilitating pain – which I thought was really good and to me the mino is doing its job.  But to be on the safe side had an IV Monday.  Well since Tuesday that horible memory has returned, my left hand is in awful pain (being a south paw makes it worse). I know this will pass but it's amazing how when you have been out of that sort of pain for 12 months that it still hits you like a brick wall.  Yes its a Herx – but I wish it would go away.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I needed a winge – thanks all –

Annie

suera
    Participant

Annie,

I'm right with you, after feeling good for a bit now I am having an AWFUL time, wrists, fingers, shoulder and knees. When this beast first hit me I feel like I tried to be strong and keep a stiff upper lip (as I didn't know what I was in for), now I know how bad it can get and I find myself moved to tears, often. We must hang in, it can't last forever……right?!

Sue

Annie
    Participant

Sue, yes you are right – it will NOT last forever – most of the time I just go with the flow – but this was a doosie.  Slowly slowly slowly the pain will retreat. and we will win – we are women so there is no choice!!!

Anne

Kim
    Participant

So sorry it's been a rough ride Annie and Sue. :crying:  Try to ride this out, it does get better.  

You can go back and review the bag of tricks, such as the lemon-olive oil drink, epsom salt baths, Benedryl (mentioned in another post), sauna, etc.

Take care…..kim

Rockin Annie
    Participant

I'm with you Annie and Sue all the way, am having a very bad time at the mo also. I don't know whether is herxing or just RA getting worse, but what ever, its the pits.

Heres to getting better for all of us in the days to come, and hope its not tooooo long a wait.

……………………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2015 changed to doxy 50mgs
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Kim
    Participant

Oh geez, Annie, you too?  Sorry to hear that.

Take care…..kim

Rockin Annie
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

Oh geez, Annie, you too?  Sorry to hear that.

Take care…..kim

Thanks Kim,  haven't been messaging much, but always come here every couple of days to read the posts.

I don't think I congratulated you on your new post as volunteer, you have lots to offer, and always have a kind word for everyone.

…………………Annie

Diagnosed with RA in 2004, after trying many conventional meds I changed to mino.
    2016 went off doxy, after getting double pneumonia and massive flare put myself on 250 mgs Zith & 50 mgs doxy, which I will increase slowly.
    Supps, magnesium, NAC, vit c, krill oil, oregano oil, thisylin, turmeric, olive leaf extract, vit B, multi vit.

Trisha
    Participant

Hi Annie:

I've been on this board for about 2 hrs. now & I've got to go do the everyday necessary things but I didn't want to log off before telling you that I feel for you.  After 12 months it must be very hard to go through this…I can remember, early on in my RA, having excruciating pain in my right hand only.  I thought, “it's just a hand, how can a hand hurt soooooooooooooo much?!”  I was out with my husband at a mall and crying the whole time…it was a holiday weekend…doc's not around.  Somehow I got through it and I know that you will too.  Don't fret the tears, we've all been there.  Hope it helps some to know that we truly care. 

Trisha

Annie
    Participant

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts – it really does help to vent (I'm inclined to bottle it all until fermentation!!)

Today hardly any pain, just the wrist and hand still swollen. So again the AP is doing what it is meant to. 

Keep up the good work ladies, just reading the posts really does wonders for my moral and, hey, there are a lot of people who are suffering more than me out there.

My thoughts go out to all.

Annie

jaydee
    Participant

From my wife's experience I would say that you must exercise as well as AP. She does weight and cardio and I must say that is as necessary as AP. It seems they have to go together. She warned me never to let her go for 2 weeks without her gym after a vacation we took where she didn't do her routine. Yeah, yeah, I know–we all know, exercise is good for you, and yes that little voice in your head is also sermonizing you to get off your duff. Seriously, after seeing what my wife has gone through, the bad, the good, the whole gamut, I have to state that a regular (3 times as week) exercise routine with the help of a trainer at least for a couple of sessions to do it right is a must, no ands, ifs or buts. I am sure my wife's condition would be 50% or more worse if she didn't exercise. So those of you who are at a level of 50% below your reasonable level, please urgently exercise and you will improve inmensely without any further need of additional drugs. In fact her routine does not require a gym as her trainer eschews machines. He's a Godsend btw. So knowledgeable and dedicated. He really pushes her very hard and she hates it, she curses him (while doint it) but afterwards she is in heaven and feels and looks like a million bucks. Please do not look for the golden fleece or the magic pill for RA in a person cloaked with the letters DR before or MD after, instead do your workouts with some weights, balance, cardio, stretches, yoga, what have you, please do that…

Rockin Annie
    Participant

Hi Jaydee,

Totally agree with you a hundred %, I think we need to keep the body flexible and working, I cannot live with out my weights and cardio.

I would be very interested in what your wife's personal trainer gives her for her tri's and forearms as I can do most exercises, but have difficulty doing overhead extension and forearm work, as my wrists are very bad, but I do push myself and have starting using a rubber band for tri work, which I got from the physio!.

Every little bit helps no matter what…………….Annie

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ I know it won't last long’ is closed to new replies.