Home Forums General Discussion I got my book!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lizbeth
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I finally got my book yesterday and have read it from cover to cover!  My hubby is going to read it next before we meet with an ap dr.  Can't wait to meet with an ap dr.  I really think I will start with this therapy when my work schedule allows a little breathing space.  Can anyone advise me on how long I should need off work?  I know each person is different but a guesstimate would be great.  I just hope that changing to ap won't incapacitate me for too long.

Back to the book, it just makes me admire Dr Brown for having the courage to keep going when everyone else was against him.  The best thing I got from the book was the courage he gave each person and the belief in ap, he knew it would work and would tell his patients that they would be cured!  That's what you need to hear confidence from your dr that it will work.

Elijuh
    Participant

Good for you, Lizbeth! It does work! Hang on to that encouraged feeling because it will come in handy when you are herxing. But be thankful for herxes. It means more bugs are dead!
    Blessings!
    eli

Kim
    Participant

Hi lizbeth,

I'm glad you enjoyed the book.  We encourage everyone to read it to understand the rationale behind the protocol which is important when you hit walls with doctors who don't endorse your treatment choice.

Since you're already on methotrexate your doctor may continue that and add in the antibiotics and once the abx kick in wean you off of the meth.  If you're lucky you may have minimal herxing and not have to interrupt your work schedule.  Everyone responds differently so no guarantees.  Remember, low and slow on the abx to start. 😉

Take care…..kim

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Eli my sweet.Nice to see you back.Now send us a pic that is visible.I know my eyesight is not the greatest  but Geez girl I can't see you at all.
                                         XXX  Lynne

Elijuh
    Participant

Geez Lynnie Poo! I'm the dumb blonde in the middle! Those are my girls all around me! My 14 year old, Anna, is towering over me. I have my arm around Sarah (white shirt) and the little one in the blue shirt is my Aubrey. Thank God Sarah's mullet finally grew out and we caught Aubrey in a good moment because she is at least clothed. Get a magnifying glass! I'm too lazy!
    Blessings!
    eli

Elijuh
    Participant

okay updated it for you, Lynnie! but it isn't working in all spots. Look up above! My first reply to Lizbeth is another pic.
    XXXXX
    OOOOO
    eli

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hey Lizzy my darling,you are just what I had imagined.You look some sexy in your NoIrs.hehehe.Actually they do suit you.Your kids are adorable so next time you want to pitch them out with the trash you can send them my way.How are you feeling these days?I was doing great but then all of a sudden the da—-ed SD is trying a comeback when I am over tired…which is most of the time when we have the winter/spring shows. Doc suspects Lyme.Would you believe I am going down in orchid history and a plants I had at the Toronto show was pulled by the judges,got 79 out of 100 points on a plant that was never registered by the American Orchid Society.It is an Odontocidium Black Beauty cross,6 feet tall,burgundy and cherry coloured and is now going to be called Oncidium Blackata “Lynne Guimond” HCC/AOS. Never in my life did I expect to get an HCC,it is kind of like hitting the Lotto jackpot.
       Now what kind of trouble have you been up to lately?

mkbeeliever
    Participant

So glad to see you Elizabeth!  Hope all is well with you!  You look beautiful!  Missed you over the holidays!
    –Michelle

Peach73
    Participant

Lizbeth..great news!  Reading the book really opened my eyes.  Good luck on your appointment and keep us posted.  My appointment is in two weeks !  woohoo!

heatherbell
    Participant

Hi Lizbeth,

It is very exciting starting on a treatment that you believe in.  As far as guessing how much time to take off work is a hard one.  I'm now in my 6th week of treatment.  My AP doc didn't want me to herx to the extent that it would incapacitate me!  Having said that, the first two weeks nothing happened and the following two weeks was a painful one but I still went to work (my boss and close colleagues are understanding).  The last week has seen some improvement.  It is very much an individual thing I think, but if you have some paid sick leave ( with medical certificate) up your sleeve take that when you are feeling that you need too.  Otherwise utilise some of your recreation leave and take a stress free month or so off!  I was really expecting something awful to kick in when I started (I was by myself in Victoria without my husband who was in the Northern Territory). When I was there by myself I often thought “what happens when I'm sitting on the toilet and I can't get up!” Thank God that never happened!   I just hope your employers are understanding so you can take leave when it is needed.  Go with your gut feeling on how “you feel”.  All the best.

Heather.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ I got my book!!!’ is closed to new replies.