Home Forums General Discussion I found my answer. Infectious myositis.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

http://cmr.asm.org/content/21/3/473.full

This is my biggest problem. and I finally found a name for it. If anyone knows anything about this I wouldn’t mind if you shared your wisdom. my arthritis can mildly affect other muscles and tendons in my body, but not nearly as bad as it affects my calfs. after numerous tests and no loss to the feeling in my legs or other issues. just pain, PAD and Neuropathy must be ruled out. this affliction simply isnt affecting me on a permanant scale although It felt like it was when it first started. Ive had flares but nothing as bad as it was in the first 6 months, Im now passing into my third year and I am just as active as the day before I got this condition. Its bugging me to no end today as it has the last two weeks so I was researching and found this. apparently its a “rare” condition. Minocycline knocks down the mild inflammation in my upper body but does nothing for the muscle and tendon pain in my calves. Ive started back up on the immunocal at a low dose of 1 packet every 2 days and I am now taking a cranberry extract as i have heard it helps flush out bacteria from the blood. I stopped taking the minocycline after my upper body calmed down and it hasnt come back. the legs are starting to chill out but its still there, the immunocal makes them worse for about 8 hours then brings a wave of relief. anyways Im done my short blog on how I am doing and hope you are all doing as well as can be as our seasons change. Its always a rough time of the year 🙂 cya all around

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.