Home Forums General Discussion I Finally Made It!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    sjess
    Participant

Well, I finally got the picture up of Kathy and myself.

I saw my local doctor today and he said my lungs sound okay (other than the fibrosis). So he doesn't think I need anymore zithromax for the bronchitis. So we stopped at the drug store and filled my mino prescription. I think I'll start it tomorrow morning rather than tonight just in case any adverse effects (like allergic to it).

Oh my goodness. It seems like it took forever to get here. But here I am. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Will let you know what happens. :blush:

Sharon

Eva Holloway
    Participant

Sharon,

you will do fine, just stay positive. I know it has been a long haul for you to see the doctor.

I wish you well and I will be thinking of you.

Eva:D

Eva Holloway

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=1956]sjess[/user] wrote:

Well, I finally got the picture up of Kathy and myself.

Sharon, where is the picture?  I'd love to see you two!

Blessings,
    Michelle

Eva Holloway
    Participant

it's on page one, looks good

Eva Holloway

mkbeeliever
    Participant

[user=236]Eva Holloway[/user] wrote:

it's on page one, looks good

I totally missed that!  Thanks Eva!  GIRLS:  You look marvelous and full of hope and joy!  Love it!
    Yay!
    M

sjess
    Participant

Thanks Michelle and Eva,

It was so awesome to get to the doctor's office and meet Kathy there. It felt so good to meet someone who was there for the same reason. Support, I guess, is what I felt. My hubby hasn't been unsupportive (except of the IVs) but I could tell that when we met Kathy and her husband there, it really made a big impact on him too. Like I didn't come up with this AP treatment idea all on my own, other people are doing this too! :roll-laugh: Strength in numbers. Again, I am just so glad for this website and the friends I have made here. Thanks, you guys!

Sharon

BeatingRA
    Participant

Sharon,

That picture of you and Kathy is just great.  You both look so happy.  Good luck as you start on your journey back to health.

Theresa

sjess
    Participant

Thanks Theresa,

I took my first two doses of minocycline today and so far so good, no negative reaction like allergic or tummy upset. That makes me very :roll-laugh: I'm making sure to take it with a full glass of water and an hour away from food. I'm wondering about it being generic though. I've read on this forum about the brand name vs generic and will have to search that. Dr. S wrote the prescription for the generic, so I would suppose he is okay with the generic. I called the pharmacy and the brand name Miinocin is like $574 a month while the generic minocycline is around $55. My insurance will pay for either, but the script would have to be written for the brand name. Would appreciate any comments anyone has about the generic vs name brand.

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. I'm really insecure about my looks right now. I've gained a lot of weight in the last year since I really got knocked down by one of the toxic drugs I took. It was then I decided I had enough with those drugs. My body just couldn't take it anymore. I'm hoping things will really turn around for me with AP. That would be so 😎

Hope all is going well with you!

Sharon

sjess
    Participant

Dear Michelle,

Thanks so much for your willingness to help me do the IVs! You have such a huge heart! I wish that were possible as well!

I'm just going to keep my eyes and ears open. It is amazing what turns up when you are needing it! You just never know what is around the corner. 😉

Mumof3
    Participant

Hi Sharon,

Glad to hear you stared on the minocycline and are feeling good so far. I know some people use the generic with success. JeffN is one that comes to mind. I hope you start to feel better soon. BTW – I love the pic. of you and Kathygirl!

Take care!

sjess
    Participant

Day 2 of mino and doing well. Still no adverse effects to the antibiotic. I felt good enough to get out today. That is a huge step for me. I got myself dressed– it took some time, but I just took it slowly; got my oxygen pack ready; put Goldie's collar on her (her pretty pink one); made it slowly to the car; and off we went.

I had to pick up some prescriptions and I was totally out of caffeinated beverages and running low on No-Doz, so I was getting desperate. Then we went for a drive to the next town to pick up Subway sandwiches for supper. It was short and sweet, but I feel so good about being able to do that. One more step forward. I realize things might change if I start herxing, but I am enjoying the moment. 😎

Mumof3
    Participant

I'm so glad to hear you had a good day. I believe that you are going to have many more good days ahead of you in the future!

sjess
    Participant

Thanks Mumof3. I am hoping!

Do you think it could be the antibiotics working already? I got to thinking maybe the zithromax gave me a boost and now the mino is following up. I didn't expect to feel better this quickly! Very nice surprise! 😀

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Sharon,my sweet.I have been so busy with all the orchid shows that I did not  get to the board or know that you finally got to a doctor.FANTASTIQUE! I have been thinking of you quite often and wondering how you were doing.Mino does have an anti inflamatory component so maybe that is what is helping you feel better so soon.
        What dosage of mino are you taking? My sister who has Lupus could not handle 200 mg a day and had to drop down to 25mg every other day.For some odd reason lots of Lupies have this problem.Now after a year she is only on 75mg.So if you have a really rough time you now know what is causing it.On the other hand,if MCTD is the main thing you may not have that problem.
           I only have one more show in 3 weeks and then will have time to see what everyone has been up to.Believe me,when you have 3 consecutive good days you will be shouting it from the roof top.I sure did.
                          Lynne

sjess
    Participant

Hi Lynne!

I'm so glad to hear you are keeping busy with orchid showings.

Yes, after weathering an ice storm with blackout and a blizzard, I finally made it to Ida Grove. Guess for me third time was the charm. 😉

I am really amazed at how I am feeling better. That makes so much sense that the anti-inflammatory properties of mino could be why. I'm hesitant to think I'm getting better. This disease does that to ya so many times as I'm sure you well know: have one or two good days and then smack.

So I'm just enjoying the moment and hoping. I woke up at 7:15am today and I actually felt awake! Couldn't believe it. Usually it's 9am and I drag myself out of bed. That was sure a nice change. 😀

Dr. S has me on 200mg a day. So far so good. I do think that my disease is showing more of a SD component than Lupus, so maybe I'll get lucky and get along okay with the higher dose.

It is difficult to remain calm and see what happens. My poor husband. So many times I would think I had found something to help me and then I would get all excited and then it wouldn't help and I would fall in a pile. He told me that he just can't take that anymore seeing me get so high and then get so depressed, so I'm trying to contain myself. I'm a much more excitable person than my husband as you might guess. But he really cares about me and I appreciate that so I'm trying to not go around the house dancing just yet. :roll-laugh:

I do find myself smiling a bit more though! 😀

Sharon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘ I Finally Made It!’ is closed to new replies.