Home Forums General Discussion I feel like giving up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    darling787
    Participant

Im still suffering from daily aches and just feeling unwell. After finding a new rheumy in July I was feeling optimistic . He felt strongly I had some weird strain of rheumatic fever and that long term penicillin will treat it . After 4 month of 2,000mg of pen vk a day my aso titer went from 380-320 and most recently back up to 329. My doc seemed confused and couldn’t understand as he doesn’t think strep is resistant to penicillin. In any case my llmd is trying me on bicillin shots and my rheumy agreed to try . I hope this method is more aggressive … anyone know? I’ve only had one so far and I’m herxing like crazy . I felt like I have the flu , I’m itchy , chest is burning and I’m exhausted. My docs want me to work up to 2 a week . Anyone think Bicillin may be more effective than oral pen? My next step after this is maybe adding in a macroloid again like zith but my psych herx on smith was so scary . I’m feeling so overwhelmed as usual. I also still think I may have mercury poisoning so I want to try Dmsa but don’t know when or how .Thanks for listening .

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Darling787,

I’ve been on bicillin shots for Lyme and that was over a period of about 5 or 6 months in my first year. My first LLMD also had me on Diflucan at the same time, not just a cyst-buster, but presumably to prevent fungal overgrowth which can come with its own set of issues. It sounds like the bicillin shots are producing a bit of a die-off reaction, but before adding another abx, I’d ask if Diflucan would be a good idea to add or a really targeted probiotic, like saccharomyces boulardii (not seeing probiotics in your signature line).

Knowing your LLMD, he will certainly help with heavy metal testing and chelation, if indicated. I have been through this process myself for both a heavy lead and mercury load. I won’t say it was easy for me and it’s really important to be taking something to mop up mobilized metals.

Are you doing any detoxing?

darling787
    Participant

Thanks Maz. In your opinion is bicillin stronger than penicillin?

For detox as of now I’m just taking liposomal glutathione.

I’m currently taking a probiotic called theralac but I’m thinking of adding more. I will ask my doc about diflucan. I am concerned the bicillin may be giving me more than just a herx. I feel so itchy and dizzy but I also think herxes tend to give me major anxiety. UGH.

Sick since July 2015 with deep muscle aches, fatigue, and ongoing throat infections. Since July was on 10 different abx .Found AP doc for long-term abx therapy in Jan 2016. Started Mino and other herbals. About 60% better. Positive for mycoplasma, strep (ASO 400), and possibly lyme. Current Meds: Vit C, D, b12, Glutatione, l-glutamine, colloidal silver, fish oil, magnesium, multi, herbal tincture with cats claw , Oregon grape, blessed thistle...mino 2/16-3/16 now trying penicllin

Maz
    Keymaster

Well, the action is different…bicillin is long acting and a more direct application, if memory serves, and stays in system longer than orals where peak levels rise and fall. Moxatag is an oral long acting penicillin you could also ask about, but injection may help bypass gut better. Both bicillin and moxatag were great for lowering anti-CCP in my case, by 40 points per month…pretty incredible. I typically herx within 3 days on a penicillin.

Yes, I take theralac, too, in combo with TrubifidoPro and PB8 for maintenance. Theralac is a good quality one, but you might do well to ask about interspersing s. Boulardii just while on Penicillin/bicillin or doing combo Diflucan/bicillin Protocol, which is a legit Lyme Protocol, too.

darling787
    Participant

Thanks. I would think then logically bicillin may be more effective than oral penicillin since it is longer acting but since my ASO just went up on oral pen I am very concern the bicillin may just be a waste of time. Do you have any opinion on this? My goal is to add a cyst buster once I feel like I can deal with the bicillin herxes. Not sure at what point I should explore the mercury stuff….

I will definitely ask about s. boulardii and Diflucan. Thanks.

PhilC
    Participant

My next step after this is maybe adding in a macroloid again like zith but my psych herx on smith was so scary.

Clarithromycin or erythromycin may be easier to handle, and there is some evidence that they may be more effective against some bacteria than azithromycin.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Maz
    Keymaster

Think it’s worth reading this article regarding erythromycin or clarithromycin/diflucan combination.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5944150/#.WDHm8XQ8KhA

Other drugs posing a risk with erythromycin, Ray said, include the antibiotic clarithromycin, sold under the Biaxin brand; fluconazole, or Diflucan, for vaginal yeast infections; and the antifungal drugs ketoconazole (Nizoral) and itraconazole (Sporanox). Pills and injections of the drugs, but not topical forms, carry the risk.
    “People may be taking these medications for years, and they develop a throat infection and someone gives them erythromycin, and that’s it,” Saric said.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.