Home Forums General Discussion Husband saw Dr. F

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anewday
    Participant

Hi all!

I just wanted to share a bit about my husband and his recent visit to Dr. F in Riverside. He was so encouraged, and it was wonderful to finally have a rheumatologist who cares for my husband as a person, not an “illness” and who is extremely knowledgable about AP.

A bit of short background. My dh has had RA symptoms since 2000, however, he never tested positive for the RF until 2006 (the same time he also tested positive on the CCP). He has never had the “typical” RA symptoms and even with the “official” diagnosis, we were confused. It didn't help matters that dh pointed this out to his then rheumie… when he brought up the fact that his joints are never swollen symmetrically, her response was that RA does NOT have a symmetrical pattern. 😯 Ya think we should have looked for another rheumie after that? LOL

Dr. F. said dh definately does have palindromic RA, which we had never heard of until this board and when we looked into it a few months ago, were practically bowled over by how absolutely EXACT it matched and still matches his RA symptoms. WHY he was never diagnosed with it the several times he went in to docs from 2000 to 2006 still makes me angry…but I know it's sadly, all too common.

Anyhow, he starts on zithromyacin today. 1 week daily at 500 mg. Then every other day after that. Dh did not test positive for the mycoplasma they tested, though apparently there are 13 other mycoplasmas they didn't test for initially, so it doesn't rule it out. He is actually running more tests to try to pin down why his liver counts continue to be too high as well as retesting for some other things. Finally – a doctor who keeps at something to find the answer! 🙂

So he'll be on zith and some supplements. He tested negative for celiac, lyme and lupus. Had full body xrays and there is some erosion in his feet and one swollen wrist. There is hope his wrist will get better, likely never fully functioning again, but much more than now and much less painful, which would be the biggest blessing of all of this and make all of it more than worth it!!!

Sorry I wrote a novel. :blush: Just wanted to share and thank you all for the amazing help you've been and the inspiration and hope you have given us. 😀 We've learned so much from so many here! It's just so great to see my husband with HOPE!!!!!!!

anewday
    Participant

And Cheryl, thank you so much for the time you spent talking about your experience with Dr. F and answering my husbands questions on he phone! You are awesome! 🙂

SusanSD
    Participant

Glad to hear your husband's visit with Dr. F went well, and hopefully he will feel better soon. Getting the proper diagnosis seems like such a long road itself, as many of us can attest to. I think we should get refunds for these wasted medical visits. After all, if I take my car to a mechanic and it doesn't get fixed, I am going to bring it back and back until it gets fixed, no charge.

I agree this board is awesome … Cheryl is awesome …Maz, John, Kim, A friend, and so many others are encouraging and generous with their knowledge.

I happened to visit a scleroderma bulletin board the other week and I quickly felt depressed because all the chatter was about someone who hadn't posted in awhile and apparently was in hospice and was told she had a few days left. :crying:

I like the RBF board because people help each other to get better!

Trudi
    Participant

[user=52]Susan(SD)[/user] wrote:

I think we should get refunds for these wasted medical visits. After all, if I take my car to a mechanic and it doesn't get fixed, I am going to bring it back and back until it gets fixed, no charge.

Totally, totally, agree with you on that one!!!!!

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Maz
    Keymaster

Dawn, thanks for sharing your husband's good experience with Dr F. He's in very good AP doc hands now….so putting it out there for you both that things are just going to get better and better for him!!!!

Peace, Maz

Jennhere
    Participant

What is the prognosis- best recovery expected for your husband by dr.f? 

Jenn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ Husband saw Dr. F’ is closed to new replies.