Home Forums General Discussion Humans Have Ten Times More Bacteria Than Human Cells

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    superperroRA
    Participant
    Jo
    Participant

[user=26]superperro(RA)[/user] wrote:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080603085914.htm

Maybe in the future, instead of medication a sick person will simply get

an infusion of the correct protective bacteria, to drive out the bad bacteria.

Blessings

Jo

Joe M
    Participant

This is a great article in that once again it proves to me that what we don't know about the human body far exceeds what we do know. 

A Friend
    Participant

[user=26]superperro(RA)[/user] wrote:

Humans Have Ten Times More Bacteria Than Human Cells 

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080603085914.htm

Super P,

That link furnishes a super bit of encouraging information from the research community… even mentioning a few specific diagnoses looked at.  Thanks much for finding and posting this.  It will be interesting to know what they do with it once more is known. 

AF

Maz
    Keymaster

Yes, very encouraging science news! Thanks, SP!

Hope you are feeling better from your run-in with babesia and resulting hemolytic anemia….are you having any improvements with all that? You're in my thoughts.

Peace, Maz

Tiff
    Participant

Very consistent with Dr. Brown and Dr. Marshall's ideas.  In fact, I can imagine them both kind of thinking, “duh” about the whole article.  Particularly the fact that this needs to be understood just as much as the human genome.  The article doesn't even even touch on how this flora interacts with the immune system!  Then the question will be whether the imbalance in bacteria is the cause or result of disease.

Looks like a good opening for research funds – that would be great!

John McDonald
    Participant

Looks like a good opening for research funds – that would be great!

“cogito ergo sum” for Descarte

but “I think therefore I am paid” for researchers!

Did you ever see a study that didn't end in a recommendation for further study? That is what I would do too, I think.:) Or I have also read this from an economist: that scientific uncertainty is elastic. It expands to meet the available funding.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ Humans Have Ten Times More Bacteria Than Human Cells’ is closed to new replies.