Home Forums General Discussion How to maintain healthy liver and kidney while on AP treatment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

I am new here. You may have already talked about this topic many times. I would like to hear from people who are on AP over many years as how to maintain kidney and liver's health. How often you need to get your liver and kidney function checked with your doctors.

I really appreciate your time to help us new members out.

JB

Sierra
    Participant

I've been on AP for 19 months and have blood tests for liver and kidney function twice. I believe it will be annually from now on.

Sierra

Pip
    Participant

My AP doc checks my liver every 6 weeks and I'm OK with that.  LOL

I also used milk thistle to support the liver as well as the Whole Lemon /Olive Oil drink. 

It also helps you sleep at night.

Hugs,

Pip

Sierra
    Participant

At my last rheumy visit I was told I don't need to come back for a year! Normally I've seen her every 3 months. Progress!

Sierra 🙂

JeffN
    Participant

I see Dr. T every six months and he does bloodwork then. When I have blood work done through my GP he also checks those numbers. From what I read the routine checks seem like a good idea if you are on almost any meds. The ortho guy I saw when they thought I had carpel tunnel had me on mobic, celibrex, etc. and also monitored my liver and kidney function. Cheap insurance I think.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ How to maintain healthy liver and kidney while on AP treatment?’ is closed to new replies.