Home Forums General Discussion How do you know if you need to be more aggressive in your treatment?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mommaof2princesses
    Participant

I am currently pulse dosing 50 mg Mino MWF. I had to stop taking it for  couple days and automatically had shortness of breath and other symptoms that I had prior to starting mino. Now that I have been back on for two weeks I still don't feel well. My fatigue is horrible I am exhausted after taking a shower (it makes it even worse that its my last month of the semester and have so much work to do!) How do I know if I need to bump up my dose? I am worried that I am not doing enough and that I am worsening or is it herxing? This is very confusing and scary. Any advice or input would be very appreciated!!

JOJO19551
    Participant

My understanding is 100 mg two times per day, either 3 days/wk or 7 days/wk.  I remember the old shower exhaustion.  I would have to rest after getting out of the shower.  I am doing much better than a year ago but do take some steps to make it less strenuous.  They may sound silly but they help.  1.  I try to bathe in the evening so i don't need to deal with the shower.  This works well for me and is relaxing.  2.  I sit down while brushing my teeth in the AM.  For some reason my fatigue is more in the first hour of my day so these little things help.  Good luck, JoAnn

mommaof2princesses
    Participant

Thanks! Dr S started me out at 50 mg pulse dosing because I was very sensitive to the IVs and he is easing me into he mino but i am wondering if its time to up it… Thanks for the tips. I have been so wped with just trying to take care of my kids study and do housework. Just normal things and I am exhausted!

m.
    Participant

Has anyone checked your thyroid? Gut health? Blood work?

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Momma – if you have started low – 50mg pulse dosed, bumping up to 100mg twice daily, even MWF, is a HUGE increase and will not necessarily be better for you, may even cause you more problems. (BTW, my 5 year “normal” pulsed regime was 100mg MWF, but split into 2 x 50mg doses). Momma, could you contact Dr S's office with that question? Sounds like the easing in, if you are hyper-sensitive, was a good plan, so I'd be wary of upping anything right now without some input from the doc. More is definitely NOT better with this approach to abx. It could be herxing – how long have you been on mino? However, in terms of doing more for yourself, perhaps there are some other things that may need investigation re the great fatigue you are feeling. Food sensitivities may be one and it may be an idea to have some tests run. Thyroid may be another thing to consider. Others on the Board will be able to give you more about tests for this. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ How do you know if you need to be more aggressive in your treatment?’ is closed to new replies.