Home Forums General Discussion hospital discharge records for one of Dr Browns Patients

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jo
    Participant

While reading the archives, I saw someone said that they wish they could see the records of Dr Brown teatments for people.  I'd like to seriously second that.

In the meantime, there is one record (Kyle) on the Road Back Foundation web site, and I wrote this summary of the antibiotics mentioned.

I was reading the hospital discharge records for one of Dr Browns
    patients (Kyle) and I noticed that his discharge notes do not in
    anyway have anything in common with the protocl that is said to Dr
    Browns.

Apparently Dr Brown saw him about every six months for IV antibiotic
    treatment. In addition to the Nsaids and opiates used I was checking
    out the Antibiotics. Oh yeah, and once Dr Brown even used an
    antihistimine/decongestant as a NSAID.

07/10/78

Minocin 100mg (appears to mean 50mg bid)
    Amoxicillin 250mg every other night at bedtime

01/15/79

Sumycin 500mg and Ampicillian 2(probably 250mg) Both MWF at bedtime

07/05/79
    No antibiotics mentioned on discharge

01/07/80
    Minocin 50mg bid

07/08/80
    No antibiotics mentioned on discharge

06/01/81
    No discharge statement at all

06/29/82
    Tetracycline 500 mg Tid MF

07/05/84
    Tetracycline 500 mg Tid MF

I thought this was pretty interesting as it's nothing like the
    protocols. Would love to see other records.

lee
    Participant

I found this interesting too.  I have spoken in the past with a local woman both her and her mom were treated for RA by Dr. Brown. Her mother did IV's (6month) with tetracycline and amoxy everyday. She did not do IV's. Cleocin + amoxy everyday. She told me she got worse for 1 1/2 years and then slowly started to turn around and is in remission.  She the bottom line is he used double and sometimes triple antibiotic combinations.

A Friend
    Participant

Jo,

In the information you shared about Dr. Brown's patients' protocols, did the records include IF and HOW LONG they had previously been on abx treatment before these current records were recorded. 

In one of the records, where the patient was on the usual abx, but was also on another abx of another category, rheumatic patients on AP after a time do frequently show such as a high ASO titre or such, and this needs addressing, even while staying on their usual AP.  When this 2nd abx, pulsed, is used, after a period of time, the ASO titre can return to a normal range.  The first year I was on AP (had both IVs and then went on pulsed, twice daily 100 mg Minocin on MWF), I had a high ASO titre and Dr. S in Ia used this type treatment for me… and it worked beautifully!  NOTE: Reminder, if anyone read this particular page of my treatment, they should not assume that he started me out with these two as my “usual” treatment. 

AF

Jo
    Participant

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

Jo,

In the information you shared about Dr. Brown's patients' protocols, did the records include IF and HOW LONG they had previously been on abx treatment before these current records were recorded. 

AF

It said it was his first treatment on 07/10

Jo

A Friend
    Participant

[user=465]Jo[/user] wrote:

[user=28]A Friend[/user] wrote:

Jo,

AF

It said it was his first treatment on 07/10

Jo

I've turned into a “wicked” detective the last 16 years…. it could be his first treatment ever on AP.  But, if I were going to be burned at the stake if I gave the wrong answer, I'd have to guess it may be the first treatment of this hospitalization, timeframe, but I'd guess Dr. Brown may have already had previous lab work, etc….. with the “possibility” of prior treatment.  Unless we had previous charts on this patient, all of this by us, I guess, can only be assuming, guessing, supposition.  But, like you, I'd find it interesting to know.  Thanks for the info from the charts. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘ hospital discharge records for one of Dr Browns Patients’ is closed to new replies.