Home Forums General Discussion Holiday pic

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    linda
    Participant

Thx for the compliments everyone, they are a handsome bunch, in my completely unbiased opinion! No, I didn't order the snow or the below 0 temps either, snow is no fun if you can't go out and play, and poor Cisco! It's tough to do your business when the snow is over your head and you have spindly little chicken legs. And then there was the morning Cisco decided to eat my mom's dog's phenobarb pills, all 3 of them.

The pets were lots of fun, tho. My sister's friend brought her beautiful sheltie, and Cisco-all of 11 yrs and neutered-decided she was his only love. :blush: For 2 days. :shock::shock::shock: That sheltie had the patience of a saint. My sister's dog, a male rottie mix and fairly large, also put up w/Cisco's shenanigans, despite his obvious attachment to her as well. I guess they figured they'd give the little guy a break, at best he was overly optimistic but no real threat. Actually, they got along very well considering the circumstances.

We played a lot of scrabble and card games, shoveled a lot of snow and dug cars (and little dogs, literally) out of snow, and watched a lot of movies. It was great.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

btw. I look at that picture and then at the school ID photo that is my avatar, taken only 4 yrs ago, and it amazes me how much my face has changed. Altho it's definitely not the worst consequence of these diseases, premature aging is still no fun.

Linda,

You have a beautiful family.

I hear ya. I went to Sear's Photo Studio to take a portrait this past Christmas. When I got the pictures back. OMG, OMG, , OMG, OMG, :blush: it's been only 3 years, I can tell premature aging….. plus the mino has made my skin so dark with a lot of black spots….. I told my hubby, perhaps he needed to get some tips from Tiger Woods :roll-laugh:[/size]

linda
    Participant

JB,

It is pretty weird, I don't think I look that old when I look in the mirror, but when I see a photo, ugh! I know that some of it is prednisone puffiness and some is fat, both of which are decreasing, but I think the damage is done. It's all vanity, I know, but up until 4 yrs ago people used to think I was 5-7 yrs younger than I really am. Is nothing sacred to these diseases? I guess it's not just AI stuff, other chronic diseases also age us, I guess it's the stress put on our body that does it.

I've decided to heck with it, those who love me do so b/c of who I am, not b/c of how I look.

JBJBJB
    Participant

[user=11]linda[/user] wrote:

JB,

I've decided to heck with it, those who love me do so b/c of who I am, not b/c of how I look.

So true, Linda! You've got all the wisdom!!! Very well said.

I was on prednison for a short of time. I put on 20 pounds. I lost it all after I stopped the prednison. Last March, I had this strange high fever for 10 days, and I lost a lot of weight, about 15 pounds. Now I am gradually gaining it back. I feel like a balloon inflated/deflated….. it created a lot of “over night” wrinkles on my face….Oh well, can't leave it, have to wear it. 

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Holiday pic’ is closed to new replies.