Home Forums General Discussion Hmmmmmm………what could this be?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Marie
    Participant

Glad you had such a wonderful time, Kim!  Your grandhildren are adorable!  🙂

Marie

Kim
    Participant

[user=514]JOJO19551[/user] wrote:

Your grandchildren are adorable and you look pretty darn good.  I have swelling in my legs since diagnosed with sd.  What special diet do you follow?  JoAnn

JoAnn, you're kidding, right??? :roll-laugh:   Obviously, the pomegranate martini diet is not for everyone, so I am the last person that should be dispensing diet advice.

Having said that, I usually am a little more disciplined and just try to keep it healthy — lots of veggies, low carb, whole grains, only dairy is yogurt, smaller amounts of meat/fish, and fruit.  Lots of water, a shot of Mangosteen juice (better than caffeine for energy).  The leg swelling over Christmas was clearly diet, but I get it other times too and really think it's because of hypercoagulation (thick, sticky blood) combined with collagen-lined arteries, and it's not good.  I'm taking a German product now that people on the Lyme board say is better than Heparin injections for thinning blood.  It is called Rechts-Regulat, super expensive, tastes awful, and very hard to get.  I've only been on it for a couple of weeks, so too early to tell.  It is a concoction of fermented foods and smells like the bottom of your garbage disposal.  If you have swelling with SD, there is a good chance you have hypercoagulation too and can ask your doctor about being tested.  It is serious and can lead to stroke, so worth checking out.

Good luck……..kim

linda
    Participant

Very cute little blessings you have there! As for falling off the diet wagon, sometimes we just have to let go a little and recover later, as long as the consequences aren't lethal. Having joy is important, too!!!:P

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Kim – what a fantastic picture. You look great and the kids are more than cute. I did not deviate much from my diet over Christmas/New Year. But I did take in some 'hidden' gluten……and my tummy bloated within 2 hours. I am so much more tuned in to cause and effect these days. Also had a small pain in one knee. All gone now, but the connection was unmistakable. Hope your ankles lose their puffiness soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Kim
    Participant

Thanks, guys.  Yes, the swelling is going down now after several days of eating the right stuff.;)  Lynnie, you're so right about an unmistakable correlation with diet and the consequences.  I'm waiting for the results of my gluten test, :doh:  should be interesting.

Missyb
    Participant

Oh my goodness can I relate! I have an appt on Monday and I am so embarrassed to
    be in this situation of being a bloated sick mess. I agree that let this be lesson if I had any doubts about how important maintaining a gluten free diet is for me. :headbang:
    Really I can't believe I let some pies and cookies pull me off the road to feeling good.

Little Red
    Participant

Kim,  You look great and so do the gandkids.  What great therapist and the best kind!
    Thanks for sharing
    Little Red

Kim
    Participant

You guys are so sweet and understanding, and I thank you for not lecturing! 😕  Sometimes it's just worth it………well, sort of. 😉

linda
    Participant

Happi Cat says it's definitely worth it!

Carpe Diem!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Hmmmmmm………what could this be?’ is closed to new replies.